Objectivism Online Forum

Atlas Shrugged

Rate this topic

aleph_0

I'm picking up Atlas Shrugged for the second time. It's a pretty good book, written by Ayn Rand. Rather controvercial. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else wants to read it at the same time and discuss whatever comes up.

• 4 years later...

I imagine by now Aleph has finished his second read. I read it a second time a year after the first, then a third time a year later. That was it for my whole reads.

Because of the title of this thread, I thought it might be a reasonably good place to note this current milestone and celebration:

Ayn Rand Walking Tour

I'm picking up Atlas Shrugged for the second time. It's a pretty good book, written by Ayn Rand. Rather controvercial. Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else wants to read it at the same time and discuss whatever comes up.

That sounds like a fine idea, aleph. I'm ready to read it again (4th time) even though it disrupts my sleep patterns when I can't put it down.

Greg

There is a satire on Ayn Rand: Mozart was a Red. by Murray Rothbard.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/mozart.html

Which made me think of a quasi comical scene where you tell Ayn Rand that -Atlas Shrugged- was pretty good.

ruveyn1