Objectivism Online Forum

Dennis Miller on Global Warming

Rate this topic

By Gina Liggett from NoodleFood,cross-posted by MetaBlog

Dennis Miller scathingly attacks global-warming hysterics, those Al Gore groupies he aptly names "the world is flat and hot society." The audience sounds a bit hestitant to laugh at times--maybe because any heretical comments against global warming is so politically incorrect. But there's no mistaking his message.

http://ObjectivismOnline.com/archives/003818.html

Haha I love Dennis Miller. Sometimes I think that a lot of the people on the HBO specials are only laughing because they don't want to look stupid because they don't get it. He's right on most of the issues I can think of though.

Sometimes I think that a lot of the people on the HBO specials are only laughing because they don't want to look stupid because they don't get it.

The 1/2 Hour News Hour is a FoxNews channel show (or was the last time I saw it on TV about a year or so ago.) I think it's a live audience because the laughter doesn't seem loud or intentional enough for a track. In fact, I think the audience isn't sure whether or not to laugh in some spots where they ought to be. (And I think Gina's reason in the first post is a good guess as to why.) Anyway, just my opinion on that little tidbit.

That speech gave me philo-political blue balls; finish the job, Dennis!

Ah ha ha ha! :D