Objectivism Online Forum

Legally Blonde: The Musical

Rate this topic

Has anyone seen Legally Blonde: The Musical? I recently got to see the version from MTV who aired the broadway show in its entirety and I absolutely fell in love with it! That was surprising to me because I normally hate that genre of movie (Mean Girls, Rommy & Michele's HS Reunion, Clueless, etc).

I have to say I was really impressed. It was very funny, the acting is awesome and the music is great! I have actually been working out to it every night at the gym. It's got a great beat and emotion to motivate pushing oneself physically and mentally.

"Back in the game. Back in the fray. Back the hell outta the way!"

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen the musical version but I have seen the movie version, which, incidentally, I like quite a bit.

The them of breaking the stigmatizing gender role that seems to declare "Women can't be in law!" is quite well-done- at first, you think it will be just another stereotypical "girls goes to impossible lengths to impress a guy" movie when really it is a "woman proving herself as able to compete in a 'man-based' profession".

Plus, it has a nice joyful and carefree sense of life. No one has to feel guilty about laughing with it!

It sounds like the musical version does and even better job of presenting the theme even based solely on the one quote you gave me.

I didn't know there was a musical version- so thank you for sharing!

:P