Rate this topic

The O.B.A.M.A. society:

Objectivists

Battling

Against

Militant

Altruists

obamanot.gif

Anyone else interested in forming the semi-satirical society? If anyone has a web page maker and money for a server, they can start a webpage.

Edited by Devils_Advocate

Thats hilarious! Tell me when the site gets started, I'll be the first to join.

Glad you found it funny. The only stumbling block is the website. I would be the one to start it, but I

1) don't have a website creating program

2) even if I did, I don't have any money for space on a server.

So, anyone with both of the above, please tell me!

great!

so when can i join? :thumbsup:

The moment someone with a website making program and money for server space steps up to the plate!!!

At the moment, I plan on it mostly being a internet community, given that we're all kind of scattered. But if you know any Objectivists in your area, feel free to start a physical chapter!

You really don't need a website program. I find most of them extraneous. I'd recommend getting a html tutorial and notepad. That's how I coded my old website. Davesite works well. You can also usually get free hosting somewhere. I wouldn't get Geocities. They tend to suck. If your lazy you can make a O.B.A.M.A. blog utilizing any number of free blog sites and software.

The moment someone with a website making program and money for server space steps up to the plate!!!

I'm half-tempted to offer up some space on my domain, www.leftist.org, for this purpose, just because the resulting URL would double the comedy value.

You really don't need a website program. I find most of them extraneous. I'd recommend getting a html tutorial and notepad. That's how I coded my old website. Davesite works well. You can also usually get free hosting somewhere. I wouldn't get Geocities. They tend to suck. If your lazy you can make a O.B.A.M.A. blog utilizing any number of free blog sites and software.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm half-tempted to offer up some space on my domain, www.leftist.org, for this purpose, just because the resulting URL would double the comedy value.

We'd love to take it!