Objectivism Online Forum

Watchmen: Movie

Rate this topic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rorschach is supposed to be Mr A, an Objectivist superhero who sees crime and justice in terms of black and white. Things are right or wrong, no middle ground. Obviously the creator of watchmen has some disdain for these sort of ethics by adding in psychoses for the hero to make him a brutal murderer but despite this Rorschach ends up being one of the most admirable characters for his integrity.

I suppose the author wanted to create a negative association of justice with the other characteristics of Rorschach's character but in my experience he failed. Also it seems the movie depicted him as more brutal and insane than the graphic novel.

Rorschach is supposed to be Mr A, an Objectivist superhero who sees crime and justice in terms of black and white.

I know. I also agree with your analysis.

But while watching the movie, Rorschach reminded me very much of House. As I said I don't think House is a rip-off of Rorschach, but perhaps there is some influence there.