Objectivism Online Forum

What do you think about Uncyclopedia?

Rate this topic

what happened to encyclopedia dramatica? it says its being shut down?

I don't know what's happening to it, but it might be because of all those insulting articles they have. Uncyclopedia has less of those, because creating insulting or stupid material is against their policy.

It's back up, they just shut down every now and then due to bandwidth issues. They also get hacked every now and then by people who want to remove articles about them or about something they like. A lot of people don't understand that ED has something negative to say about everything, there are no articles on that site which show something in a 100% positive light. It basically seeks to expose the idiocy and glorify the fallacies behind every person, country, philosophy, race, gender, book, and movie in a bitingly humorous manner. So of course it offends people.

But it's still hilarious :(

• 2 months later...
It's back up, they just shut down every now and then due to bandwidth issues. They also get hacked every now and then by people who want to remove articles about them or about something they like. A lot of people don't understand that ED has something negative to say about everything, there are no articles on that site which show something in a 100% positive light. It basically seeks to expose the idiocy and glorify the fallacies behind every person, country, philosophy, race, gender, book, and movie in a bitingly humorous manner. So of course it offends people.

But it's still hilarious :P

So you should only read articles about what you can't stand in there? :)

• 1 month later...

I used to be real big on it. I had featured images and everything (look me up, user PiOfFive)

The problem is it gets old fast. Like it's impossible to try and be funny in your own way with some blimey Brit coming behind you and reworking your whole article.