Objectivism Online Forum

best one-liners in Atlas Shrugged

Rate this topic

Francisco to Jim Taggart and his buddies at the wedding "What's the matter? Did I say something someone here didn't know?"

Also Francisco, to Dagny near the beginning "The church, I think, will stand -they'll need it."

Rearden, near the end "...but according to the plan of the present split-second, they want me to pour as much metal as I can. They don't care. They think I do."

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey Jolie, I thought this thread was for AS quotes ? ;) Oh well, no problem that is still a good one. Oh and welcome to the forum :).

Anyway a couple of good ones from AS off the top of my head :

"All work is an act of philosophy." - Not sure who gave us this one.

"An inventor is a man who asks 'Why?' of the universe and lets nothing stand between the answer and his mind. " - John Galt definitely gave us this one.

Hey Jolie, I thought this thread was for AS quotes ? ;) Oh well, no problem that is still a good one. Oh and welcome to the forum :).

Oops.... :dough:

To make up for it:

Dagny at the press conference -inauguration of the John Galt Line:

""Would you oblige me to take this down verbatim? Miss Taggart says- quote- I expect to make a pile of money on the John Galt Line. I will have earned it. Close quote. Thank you very much."

"I suggest you plant a few cameras around the bridge. The collapse of the bridge would give you some interesting shots."

Oops.... :dough:

To make up for it:

I was not expecting you to make up for it as you still provided some somewhat relevant quotes :D. Relevant to the general theme of the post :thumbsup:

While we are quoting from that particular chapter, here is another one :

"Give me an unobstructed right-of-way and I'll show you how to move the earth!"

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

How did this thread stop? We've barely scratched the surface!

"Money demands that you sell, not your weakness to men's stupidity, but your talent to their reason." -F.

"You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness.... Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live." -JG

Edited by TheYoungBrakeman

• 1 month later...

Pfft, no one teaches it here.

When I was in the 8th grade we had to do a book report about some boring holocaust book, and I refused.

So I told my teacher I want to write my book report about The Fountainhead and she told me

"The fountainhead?? It's a book servants use to read clandestinely"

I got upset, told her she is stupid and picked up Macbeth.

I am pretty sure she didnt read a book in her life.