Objectivism Online Forum

Forum Going Down

Rate this topic

The forum will be going down shortly for a major upgrade. Please hold your posting until after 3AM (central) ( I don't care if you do post, but any in progress during the update will be lost.)

Edit: since there's a dozen people still posting, I will wait until 1AM for the update.

Once the board comes back, please submit any bugs or problems you find here.

Thanks for the update! I'm really enjoying the enhancements.

I am, however, noticing lots of missing images. Some buttons are unskinned, avatar photos are missing (this may be something on their end), and emoticons come up missing. If you need more information, let me know. I have a background in software testing. :P

What are the enhancements?

The one that I will like the most is the snapback that gets inserted when you quote now. Click on the little arrow in the bottom right of the above quote and you will be redirected to the original post.

I also like the fact that quote headers are included in the quote body. O, and the nice graphic quotation marks in the quote header makes quotes easier to spot.

The one that I will like the most is the snapback that gets inserted when you quote now. Click on the little arrow in the bottom right of the above quote and you will be redirected to the original post.

Oh, I wondered what was that "snapback" code that started to appear at the end of the posts. Thanks for enlightening me!

I also like the fact that quote headers are included in the quote body. O, and the nice graphic quotation marks in the quote header makes quotes easier to spot.

I do not know whether it is related to not having the old skin I used, but I do not like the looks of the quoted text at all. The old one always stood out very clearly within a post, while the new sort of blends in. I wasn't even sure what those quote marks meant; I first interpreted them as a stylized 6699. :D

I am, however, noticing lots of missing images. Some buttons are unskinned, avatar photos are missing (this may be something on their end), and emoticons come up missing. If you need more information, let me know. I have a background in software testing.  :D

I think all the broken images have been fixed. Let me know if I missed anything.

• 1 month later...
I have updated the forum again. 

One thing I noticed: On the upper left I used to click on the "ObjectivismOnline Reality, Reason, Rights" in order to get back to the forum listing page, but now it does nothing. So, after making a post I have to click on the "Objectivism Online" below the other and this takes me to main page, from which I then have to click again on "Forum."

Can you reinstate the "ObjectivismOnline Reality, Reason, Rights" pointer to the forum? It was handy.

• 2 weeks later...