Objectivism Online Forum

McCain: America Established as a Christian Nation

Rate this topic

Guess who John McCain is pandering too? And let me give you a hint...

It's not rational self-interested atheists.

I wonder how a McCain administration would handle controversial scientific issues. Hopefully better then their predecessors... but that would be hoping for too much.

Interestingly, according to the God-O-Meter (rhymes with speedometer), John McCain is much more secular in his politics than Barack Obama.

On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is secular and 10 is theocratic, John McCain is rated a 3 (secularist) and Barack Obama is rated a 9 (theocrat). Not sure how they derived these numbers, but Obama did pledge to raise taxes and use some of that $$$ to expand faith-based initiatives.

See http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer

• 2 weeks later...
Interestingly, according to the God-O-Meter (rhymes with speedometer), John McCain is much more secular in his politics than Barack Obama.

On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is secular and 10 is theocratic, John McCain is rated a 3 (secularist) and Barack Obama is rated a 9 (theocrat). Not sure how they derived these numbers, but Obama did pledge to raise taxes and use some of that $$$ to expand faith-based initiatives.

See http://blog.beliefnet.com/godometer

Fascinating. You know, religious groups have always been left-wing. It is immaterial that they call themselves "right-wing". The thing with McCain, however, is that while he is rated toward the secularist end, he still must, MUST kowtow to the religious right. If he didn't, there would be absolute bloodshed in the Congressional races.

At least his favorite minister doesn’t go around saying “goddamn America!”

Compared to Bush and Obama McCain seems to be the least wacko-religious.

I say that often, so I don't understand what the big deal is with this. Tell me you didn't say this when you read the Kelo opinion.

Hagee has gone out of his way to smear the Jewish people. He's the love child of Jerry Falwell and Mel Gibson. Suprisingly, McCain sought out Hagee's support AFTER his hateful comments were made.

My own personal opinion; if I had to decided to join either a person who condemned America for what its government has perpetrated against citizens, and one who's speech benefits the skinhead and klan movements and whose motive are based on end-times Armaggedon (and let's not forget his absurd comments bout Hurricane Katrina being "god's punishment"), then clearly the former would be the best choice.

If there were any proper use of 'guilt by association', McCain has earned it.

I say that often, so I don't understand what the big deal is with this. Tell me you didn't say this when you read the Kelo opinion.

Do you say it for the same reasons that Wright and Obama's leftist drones do? That matters. And I don't think Wright or Obama hate America because the Supreme Court expanded eminent domain. C'mon.

If there were any proper use of 'guilt by association', McCain has earned it.

After the McCain supporters did everything they could to use Wright to smear Obama... McCain distanced himself from Hagee. Guess they were afraid of their own medicine.