Objectivism Online Forum

ARI on The Peter Mac Show

Rate this topic

Occasionally I like to listen to some of the archived recordings of ARI radio interviews from their website. One of several they regularly appear on (at least in the past I'm not sure if they do anymore) is The Peter Mac Show. The host and his audience is very obviously Libertarians, but as I understood it ARI has taken the stance against sanctioning the Libertarian party and it's followers. So can anyone explain why they might be willing to appear on this radio show despite it's Libertarianism? Is it that appearing in the media is not the same as appearing at LP functions?

Edited link.

Edited by IchorFigure

Yaron Brook and others appear regularly on FOX Business. The ARI has had interviews set up with Bill O'Reilly before. Appearing on a show is not an endorsement of that shows core beliefs, or as libertarians are concerned, the lack of any core beliefs.

Yaron Brook and others appear regularly on FOX Business. The ARI has had interviews set up with Bill O'Reilly before. Appearing on a show is not an endorsement of that shows core beliefs, or as libertarians are concerned, the lack of any core beliefs.

That's kind of what I had figured. I'm just a little confused where the line is.

That's kind of what I had figured. I'm just a little confused where the line is.

Well, for one thing, a Libertarian party event is _expressly_ i.e. explicitly pro-Libertarian, so appearing at such an event would likely constitute sanction of those views. OTOH, I have to figure that any broadcast radio show wouldn't be as ideologically specific (and hopefully not anywhere near that irrational.....!)

The hosts of the show are going to express their beliefs no matter what.

Talk show hosts are known to have on a variety of different guests.

If they want to have you on to express yours, why wouldn't you?

It doesn't mean you have to agree with them or they agree with you, and you most certainly aren't providing them with any unearned credibility.

I think whenever Objectivists are given this sort of platform to speak on, they should embrace it with open arms.

What is the worst that can happen? A listener will hear one of the ARI representatives speaking, agree with what they're saying, and go take a look at the ARI website.