Objectivism Online Forum

Who is the "major corporate foundation"?

Rate this topic

brian0918

I got one of those ARI packets and was reading through it. Can anyone elaborate on who they're referring to here:

ARI works with a major corporate foundation to sponsor programs focused on the morality of capitalism at various universities.
Edited by brian0918

I believe that that is BB&T.

I wonder who in that company made the move that followed the decision in Kelo v. New London:

On January 25, 2006, BB&T's Chairman and CEO John Alison, announced that it "will not lend to commercial developers that plan to build condominiums, shopping malls and other private projects on land taken from private citizens by government entities using eminent domain," holding that the ruling is morally objectionable and violates "basic rights".

I wonder who in that company made the move that followed the decision in Kelo v. New London:

It was Allison, absolutely. The CEO is the one most likely to make that kind of decision in a company, but for proof, look no further than this podcast where he explains his choice a bit: http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2007/05/a...on_on_stra.html

edit: fixed link.

Edited by West