Objectivism Online Forum

NFL 2008

Rate this topic

D'kian

Is it possible that Chicago wouldn't pull the trigger on the trade unless Colorado agreed to take him? I can't imagine he was eating up that much cap space, but it's worth a thought.

It might have been cheaper than terminating his contract (any contract can be bought off). So that makes sense for Chicago, it still doesn't make sense for Denver.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that's how it's going to be? Very well.

The Cowboys have lost to the Steelers twice in the Superbowl. The Steelers own six Superbowls to the Cowboys' five.

Want more? The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger, a two-time Superbowl winning QB. The Cowboys have Tony Romo, who can probably rack up better numbers but who can't win a playoff game if his life depended on it.

So there :P

I think we should just stick to the 1990s, that's what I was doing. :)

I think we should just stick to the 1990s, that's what I was doing. :)

See? You can't just take up a total or even a span of decades. You need to focus on one narrow period to find significance.

If that's what you want, though, we could talk about the 1970s :P

The Cowboys have Tony Romo, who can probably rack up better numbers but who can't win a playoff game if his life depended on it.

Yeah, but he's got Jessica Simpson! :lol:

So that makes sense for Chicago, it still doesn't make sense for Denver.

Well, we're still a ways off from the start of the season, so I'm hoping for some more maneuvering. Hoping. Did you the Broncos schedule?! Ouch!

Yeah, but he's got Jessica Simpson! :P

Well, the next football player without a trophy wife and/or girlfriend will be the first :P

Well, we're still a ways off from the start of the season, so I'm hoping for some more maneuvering. Hoping. Did you the Broncos schedule?! Ouch!

I'm pondering an NFL 09 thread for the schedule. I think the Broncos play the Steelers this year :lol: That's a hard schedule all by itself.

It might have been cheaper than terminating his contract (any contract can be bought off). So that makes sense for Chicago, it still doesn't make sense for Denver.

It makes a little sense as part of the cost of getting two firsts and a third round pick.

Seriously, though, Cutler wasn't worth so many picks, but even so, his departure creates a big hole for Denver. Orton helps fill that hole. While he isn't very good, he's not very bad either. If Denver puts a great team around him, they have a playoff shot.

I'm pondering an NFL 09 thread for the schedule. I think the Broncos play the Steelers this year :lol: That's a hard schedule all by itself.

It's worse than just the Steelers. :-P From http://predominantlyorange.com/2009/04/15/...gh-09-schedule/

Usually the middle part of the season feels the longest. The enthusiasm at practice drops, each city feels the same, and guys on the roster spend more time with each other than their families. This fact doesn’t sit well with the Broncos for the 2009 season. They start off with a mild dose of Cincinnati, Cleveland and Oakland in September, but then move on to a challenge that only the Carolina Panthers would envy. The Broncos play eight consecutive games against teams that had winning records last year. If I told you that stretch starts with Dallas and ends with the Giants on Thanksgiving, I wouldn’t blame you for grabbing another cold one. During that time period, the league handed them games against New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington and another one against the San Diego. The Broncos can cope with their hangover by resting at the beginning of December (bye week). After that, it’s Kansas City twice, Indianapolis, Oakland, and Philadelphia.

It’s going to be a long season for this young/new Broncos team. Josh McDaniels has a lot of ties to his opponents (e.g. Matt Cassel, Bill Belichick, Eric Mangini), so hopefully he knows how to prepare for them. As the drama continues to die down, and players get back to work at Dove Valley, only time will tell what this season will bring to a city already at the edge of its chair.

It's worse than just the Steelers. :-P

Of course. The Steelers, after all, got off easy this year (which worries me, too). Anyay, I'd advise the Broncos to be wary when playing San Diego. That bad call™ will stay fresh on their minds for years to come (hell, the Raiders are still sore at the Imaculate Reception)

It makes a little sense as part of the cost of getting two firsts and a third round pick.

Ah, well, yes, that does make sense.

Seriously, though, Cutler wasn't worth so many picks, but even so, his departure creates a big hole for Denver. Orton helps fill that hole. While he isn't very good, he's not very bad either. If Denver puts a great team around him, they have a playoff shot.

If only Denver had a good team to put around anyone. The draft and traeds only get you so far, though. Putting a good team together can take many years.

BTW, concerning further maneuvers around ORton and Cuttler, we should all be familiar with the Two Commandments of the QB controversy:

1) You are my quarterback, my only quarterback, and I shall have no ohter quarterbacks before you

2) Get the hell out, kid. You've been traded for two draft picks and a frapuccino.

John Madden announced his retirement.

Madden is my favorite TV analyst. He's great and he will be missed.

Past that I don't think there's much to say, even if he has been a presence in the NFL for 30+ years. Largely, I think, because he coached the Raiders. That team is controversial at almost every turn. You can't speak of Madden's career coaching without bringing up the dirty play the Raiders engaged in, any of a number of Al Davies' bizarre moves, or a lot ot other hot topics. SO before you know it you're not speaking of Madden any more.

Oh, well. He will be missed.