Objectivism Online Forum

Ecologically-green Toilets

Rate this topic

You know things are bad when the government is busting toilet smuggling rings from Canada. I hate low-flush toilets  B)

Me too. They're inefficient. And that means I have to flush twice or more. Which is both annoying and all things summed up, spends more water than the usual toilet.

Low-flush toilets are crap.

Those who advocate mandating these should be subject to live with these awful things and then maybe they might come to their senses.

That being said, I do agree with the concept of providing water-saving devices. If they really worked the way they are supposed to, they could save us all MONEY.

I do NOT agree with legislating conservation. :D

That being said, I do agree with the concept of providing water-saving devices.  If they really worked the way they are supposed to, they could save us all MONEY.

Vorwerk is a company that makes such devices. We have a Vorwerk vacuum cleaner. You can clean a rug for example with it without spilling a drop of water. Only if you want to save money with it, then don't buy it. With the vacuum cleaner, you get a 1 year free supply of bags, after which you have to buy your own. They're expensive and can only be ordered directly from Vorwerk office here in croatia. I believe it's the same anywhere. Also, in order to really clean a rug, you need to have some special dust (don't know what it's called). It does make the rug smell fresh and cleans the rug fine, but it doesn't come cheap and you can only buy it from Vorwerk office.