Objectivism Online Forum

Cordair Art Gallery

Rate this topic

SpaceChimp007

They've been known to post here about events, actually.

Highly recommended.

I've flown out there from Colorado just to visit them at least once; two other trips they were an add-on to something else I was dong. (Those invariably turn into very expensive trips, such wonderful stuff.)

They've been known to post here about events, actually.

Highly recommended.

I've flown out there from Colorado just to visit them at least once; two other trips they were an add-on to something else I was dong. (Those invariably turn into very expensive trips, such wonderful stuff.)

Do they have a good portion of their collection on display for their visitors to see? I am going to be headed to the area later this year and was curious as to whether it was worth checking out in person.

I'll make sure to leave the plastic at home!

Absolutely worth seeing, assuming you like what's on the web site. The stuff they are perennially short of is Eichinger, because his stuff flies out the door so quickly. There isn't a lot of Larsen there for the same reason, but unless something has happened in the last two weeks, the original to "How Far We've Come" is still there.

You can also flip through a fair number of the prints that are available, including many Larsen ones. I am hoping they will figure out a more prominent way of displaying these.

It is definitely worth a visit. If you are coming from a distance it is a little harder to get to since they moved to Napa - Burlingame is practially next to SFO, but what the heck, you'll be in Napa! Maybe, just maybe you can find other things to do there too!. I think they have most everything on display which is one of the reasons for the move - more area. I can also say that what you see on the internet doesn't make up for what you see in person because as good as the internet is it doesn't capture pictures of pictures very well. In person, you will see things you like and things you don't like but they are all nonetheless stunning. My favorite artist (at the moment) is Lorenzo because I am in the process of buying two of his pieces. They are both on the main page and I'll leave it up to you to guess which ones they are. Also for a personal touch, go to Linda's blog page at: http://www.cordair.blogspot.com/. Scroll down to August 7th for a picture of "Carefree" (and company).

Hi it's nice to see a new thread about the gallery; thanks every one. Our new home in Napa is quite spectacular but nowhere near as "bare" as Steve would make it sound. We currently have at least 8 Eichingers and no fewer than 10 original Larsens hanging. I think Steve is just trying to keep them all to himself. More of each are on the way, not to mention a special surprise announcement very soon. :) We have 36 of the canvas prints individually sleeved and displayed in a rack just outside my office. I'm guessing that Steve would like me to have them all framed and hanging, but then that would take away from the wall space for the original paintings. :) All totaled, we have over 300 pieces on display. Our 3600 square foot gallery is almost twice the space that we had in Burlingame and we would love to have you come visit. If you need any assistance with accommodations, feel free to ask me for recommendations. Napa is beautiful. It's crush season right now, so it will be harder and pricier to get rooms until sometime in November. But the weather is lovely; not a drop of rain in sight. Monday a gallery fan is arriving all the way from Calgary to enjoy our new digs. Come one, come all. We love our fans!

Edited by Linda

• 2 weeks later...

"October Eve" (there are a few, but the one I'm talking about is below) is possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life. The woman pictured is actually the inspiration for a character in the novel I'm writing (the hero's best friend, companion, second-in-command, and love interest). I'm saving up my money to buy it. It's $530 with s&h, and as I'm 15 and don't have a legal job, it's going to take a lot of time - but it's worth it.

http://www.cordair.com/denys/october.php

Best of luck to you Devil's Advocate. I've heard of people buying originals (thousands of dollars) on next to no income for similar reasons and motivations--and though it takes time, they succeed! If a piece of art work "does it" for you, it's *absolutely* worth it.

(BTW if it is an original you are chasing, or a print that is on its last few copies, Cordair is usually able to work out a payment plan; that way the artwork is secured and you don't have to worry about it being bought while you are saving up. I've used this option a couple of times myself, most recently right now, actually.)

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone! Just letting you know that you can follow Cordair on Twitter now! Doing so will keep you in the know about new arrivals and blog updates. While you're at it, feel free to add the blog to your RSS feed :)

Quent Cordair Fine Art @ Twitter

Quent Cordair Fine Art @ Blogspot

Edited by athena glaukopis

Hi everyone! Just letting you know that you can follow Cordair on Twitter now! Doing so will keep you in the know about new arrivals and blog updates. While you're at it, feel free to add the blog to your RSS feed :)

Twitter? I am not even in the know about Twitter, as such, but I am well aquainted with the Director's Corner! :) Linda's got a nice personality, and it's perfect for a Gallery Rep!

An artist by the name of Thomas Arvid, is featured at the gallery now I see:

click

An artist by the name of Thomas Arvid, is featured at the gallery now I see:

click

I don't know if you have had the opportunity to see the Arvids, intellectualammo, but I can tell you they are quite stunning. When I first saw them I thought they were photographs because they are so real looking. Would love to see one of his originals!

I don't know if you have had the opportunity to see the Arvids, intellectualammo, but I can tell you they are quite stunning. When I first saw them I thought they were photographs because they are so real looking. Would love to see one of his originals!

No, dkur, I have not seen the Arvid's at the gallery directly. If I were to go anywhere for a trip, it would be to Amherst first before anywhere else. ;)

But it looks like they are prints and not originals, which is fine with me. I don't drink, but I can appreciate the skill with the way the glass appears, the titles I enjoy the most, like "Winding Down" I think I remember seeing. Many works featured at the best art gallery in the world, are cleverly titled, and hold much meaning for what you are looking at. Right now I'm into silicone sculptures, but still and will always appreciate the artistry I've seen featured at this gallery. Thanks to all that make it possible!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On the subject of Arvid, does anyone know what an "artist proof" is? I was looking at the gallery, and saw this one, that I like, because of how the color fades off into the canvas:

http://www.cordair.com/arvid/southern.php

I do! :) Arvid's artist's proofs are much more limited in quantity and the artist goes in and paints over the printed image. Further enhancing the image by adding brush strokes and texture. Feel free to call me at the gallery if you would like more information. 707-255-2242

I do! :) Arvid's artist's proofs are much more limited in quantity and the artist goes in and paints over the printed image. Further enhancing the image by adding brush strokes and texture. Feel free to call me at the gallery if you would like more information. 707-255-2242

Thank you! I've never seen any of the artists works featured in your gallery before offering artist proof's. I wonder what my Vanna would look like as one? Probably would look like the original, in texture. Come to think of it, I never saw the original offered anywhere. Was it commissioned? Given away? But perhaps other artists that have prints seeling through QCFA would be interested in making artist proofs. They seem like they would be the closest to the real thing, although the technique used in the one I have, looks fantastic, way better than normal prints one would get, since it's a giclee on canvas.

Edited by intellectualammo