Objectivism Online Forum

Invasive immorality

Rate this topic

Zip

The immorality of altruism, mystical "sins" and general anti-man foolishness surrounds us, it is everywhere...

In carpentry a nail that stands above the rest, that is raised from the surface of the wood is said to be "proud"... Examine the lesson in this. To stand above the rest is to beg to be hammered down. Being proud is a malady to be corrected...

The enemy isn't a just skewed and poisoned morality but an invasive immorality. It goes right into the very way language is used, the concepts force fed day after day into the minds of people who don't recognize any philosophy but are indoctrinated regardless by the philosophy such bromides represent.

AR calls for people to abandon moral greyness, to not be morally agnostic. I think that the same principal can and should be applied to language.

Just a thought.

In carpentry a nail that stands above the rest, that is raised from the surface of the wood is said to be "proud"... Examine the lesson in this. To stand above the rest is to beg to be hammered down. Being proud is a malady to be corrected...

But who can rise above the nail as to actually wield the hammer?

I think this is close to a conclusion that I have come to, that by voluntarily giving up thought and philosophy the general public have allowed themselves to be hypnotized, in effect, by each other. Once an idea is polarized beyond reasonable recognition the two sides of the 'spectrum' are told where they fit into the scheme of things, or their political party, until finally all that is left is the uninterested, the idealistic, and the pragmatic.