Objectivism Online Forum

Living in a mixed economy is... Dangerous!

Rate this topic

Juxtys

The older I get, the better I see it. Seriously, you can't sue the government for it's actions and can't sue a bigger company, because lawyer costs a damn lot. But shouldn't the lawyers be free? It is a part of the court, right?

I find myself having back deformations, due to uncomfortable public school seats, bad vision, due to public schools lightning - classrooms are often too dark. What private school would look so blindly to it's students? And, the private schools in Lithuania is damn expensive.

And the company(private) that looks after our public-used areas can do whatever it wants - even directly stealing money we should have access to. We can't even know how much that money really is.

I guess it's time to save money for a ticket to O'town, if one happens to exist in the future... :thumbsup:

The older I get, the better I see it. Seriously, you can't sue the government for it's actions and can't sue a bigger company, because lawyer costs a damn lot. But shouldn't the lawyers be free? It is a part of the court, right?

Become a lawyer if it pays that much.

I find myself having back deformations, due to uncomfortable public school seats, bad vision, due to public schools lightning - classrooms are often too dark. What private school would look so blindly to it's students? And, the private schools in Lithuania is damn expensive.

Bad vision because of bad lighting? :thumbsup:

Bad vision because of bad lighting?

That's why reading in dark places is not recommended.

Become a lawyer if it pays that much.

If that was so simple. My sister is studying law. I don't know about USA, but here, in Lithuania, it is damn hard to learn.

That's why reading in dark places is not recommended.

You might get a headache and fall asleep but you will certainly get no permanent damage to eyes (or any form of bad vision).

If that was so simple. My sister is studying law. I don't know about USA, but here, in Lithuania, it is damn hard to learn.

That's why it pays so much and that's why lawyers aren't and shouldn't be free. Who else should pay them?

• 2 weeks later...

So what's why I feel so sleepy at school.

And as for lawyers, the government should pay them, althought I am not sure. If you hire a lawyer to claim the land that was given to you during Soviet times, you can end up paying him 5000 Lt(~2200$) for a land that's worth only 1000 Lt(~600$), so there must be a catch to this.

As far as I understand, government should protect your rights, so a lawyer should be hired by the government. Or am I mistaken?