Objectivism Online Forum

John Lewis on Radio tonight (Oct 2nd, 2008)

Rate this topic

"This evening, at 8:30 PM eastern time, [Prof. John Lewis] will be on the Barry Farber radio show, to discuss [his] Open Letter on the Financial Mess in Capitalism Magazine. The article is at www.capmag.com

"The show may be heard on the net: "www.crntalk.com"

HT: HBList

Edited by softwareNerd

"This evening, at 8:30 PM eastern time, [Prof. John Lewis] will be on the Barry Farber radio show, to discuss my Open Letter on the Financial Mess in Capitalism Magazine. The article is at www.capmag.com

"The show may be heard on the net: "www.crntalk.com"

HT: HBList

Where is he? He's late.

Yes it was, I just wish it wasn't so short. We get what he's saying, but your average listener may have been a bit confused. I look forward to him coming back for that hour long show.

On that site,there is the timing for the live show, and then various timings labelled "encore". So, I'm guessing they repeat the show. Of course, it is 11pm Pacific and then 2am Pacific, so ti'll be really late for east-coasters.

On that site,there is the timing for the live show, and then various timings labelled "encore". So, I'm guessing they repeat the show. Of course, it is 11pm Pacific and then 2am Pacific, so ti'll be really late for east-coasters.

If youre hard core it's worth it. I'd follow that man into battle just for the speeches he gives.

I was not at the 4th of July celebration at OCON, but I am told that he brought people to tears with the speech he gave about the founders.

His delivery was clear and clean. Great stuff.

Why wasn't this stuff recorded and put up for sale?

His talk on Rand contra Neiztche was also great. I didnt cry tho, but you can buy that one.

It was put up for sale. The price of admission. ;)

His talk on Rand contra Neiztche was also great. I didn't cry tho, but you can buy that one.

I'm pretty sure you are confusing John Lewis with John Ridpath. Lewis is the one who was on the radio. Ridpath gave the brief speech on the Founders and the lecture on Nietzsche at OCON.

Ridpath is a superb speaker. For those interested in tributes to the Founders, I strongly recommend Ridpath's lectures "This Hallowed Ground" and "The Declaration of Independence", both of which are available from ARB. Lewis is also very good; his lectures on "The Meaning of Victory" from the 2007 OCON are also well worth the price.

John Lewis is responsible for my favorite of all the ARI lectures, "The Failure of the Homeland Defense: The Lessons from History". It was very moving, I wanted to stand up and applaud by the end.

I've got that on CD, but haven't listened to it yet. Looking forward to doing so.