Objectivism Online Forum

Hello From Turkey...

Rate this topic

Hello all,

I'm living to istanbul-Turkey. My site is abaut Ayn Rand and Objectivism.I want to be friend with all objectivists. And I wait your help for my site:

Objektif Felsefe

Good days :)

Viva Objectivism!

Hey, Bencil. Your website is in Turkish (at least I guess that's what it is), and I don't think we have many Turkish speakers here. Have Ayn Rand's works been translated into Turkish?

KittyHawk

Hit the English button on his website, then you can read it.

Ah, capital idea.

Bencil, I read the preface to your treatise on education, and looked over the table of contents. It looks very interesting, and I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas in it. But I have a preliminary question. Are you describing a system of public education, or private education? While I would prefer a good system of public education to a poor system of public education, it is nevertheless true than any form of public education is immoral.

(Kittyhawk @ 7:18 AM)

Bencil, I read the preface to your treatise on education, and looked over the table of contents. It looks very interesting, and I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas in it. But I have a preliminary question. Are you describing a system of public education, or private education? While I would prefer a good system of public education to a poor system of public education, it is nevertheless true than any form of public education is immoral.

Bencil,

J'ai étudié un peu de Francais à l'université, mais c'est tres mal maintenant. Néanmoins, peut-être je pourrais vous assister un peu?

Kittyhawk a posé deux questions:

1. Les oeuvres de Ayn Rand, sont-ils publié en turque?

2. Ma traduction meilleure:

<<Bencil, j'ai lit la préface de votre dissertation d'éducation, et j'ai jeté un coup d'œil à la table des matières. Il me semble très interresant, et je suis sur qu'il y'a beaucoup des idées bon. Mais j'ai un question preliminaire. Decrivez-vous une système d'éducation privée ou publique (les écoles sont privée our publique)? Depuis je préfére une système d'éducation publique bonne au l'éducation privée mal, c'est malgre tout vrai que toutes formes d'éducation publique sont immorales.>>

Alors,

Quand vous avez dit, <<Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!>>, elle réponde, <<Oui? Peut-etre vous pouvez entrer dans les détails?>>

Vous voudrez bien m'excuser, il y'a deux ans que j'ai utilisé mon francais. Je ne suis pas compétente à faire les traductions extensives, mais je pourrais vous aider un peu.

--

For the benefit of everyone else: If you are better at French than I, you are perfectly welcome to add to/correct my writings here!

If you don't know French, here's a quick summary. I wrote:

Bencil, I studied a little French in college, but it's very bad now. Nevertheless, perhaps I can help you a bit?

Kittyhawk has asked two questions:

1. Are the works of Ayn Rand published in Turkish?

2. My best translation: [translation]

So, when you said, "Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!" she responded, "Yes? Perhaps you could elaborate?"

Please accept my apologies, it's been two years since I used my French. I'm not able to do extensive translations, but I could help you a little.

We'll see how this goes! :P

PS: Kittyhawk, I'm not sure if you're male or female, so I'll correct that if necessary.

Male.  But thanks for translating.

My apologies, and you're welcome.

Ma phrase:

Quand vous avez dit, <<Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!>>, elle réponde, <<Oui? Peut-etre vous pouvez entrer dans les détails?>>

est fausse. La version correcte:

Quand vous avez dit, <<Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!>>, il réponde, <<Oui? Peut-etre vous pouvez entrer dans les détails?>>

--

My sentence:

When you said, "Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!," she responded, "Yes? Perhaps you could elaborate?"

was wrong. The correct version:

When you said, "Ah, Kittyhawk, ah!," he responded, "Yes? Perhaps you could elaborate?"

• 1 month later...