Objectivism Online Forum

Capitalism, the only Moral System

Rate this topic

Short notice, but Steven Rogers, who runs the Objectivist group in Austin, just sent me the following and asked me to spread the word:

Craig Biddle will be presenting a lecture on "Capitalism, the only Moral System" Wednesday, Oct 22 at UT (University of Texas, Austin). I set up a little site at http://www.reasonguy.com with the info - feel free to use it to email the info to friends you think might be interested.

Craig Biddle will be presenting a lecture on "Capitalism, the only Moral System" Wednesday, Oct 22 at UT (University of Texas, Austin). I set up a little site at http://www.reasonguy.com with the info - feel free to use it to email the info to friends you think might be interested.

I'm not sure why the original link is not working, but The Objective Standard has a notice of the event on their blog.

Because they made this lecture public, about 100 people showed up, which is excellent considering the short notice everyone got. Everyone seemed interested in the talk, and there were no disruptions, even though some Libertarians and some Left-leaning people showed up.

I don't know where the 100 people came from as the Austin Objectivist club is not fully functional with regular meetings, from what I've heard. And when they were involved in The Objectivist Conferences back maybe fifteen years ago, the maximum number may have been around a hundred or so, and that was with advanced notice and after running the conferences for many years.

So, it was a very good job.