Objectivism Online Forum

Are any of Rand's books on the internet?

Rate this topic

I. Kant

Nope, it's still under copyright. The only Rand book that's available online is Anthem, which I think can be found at the Project Gutenberg website.

Amazon might sell an ebook version of Atlas, though. I know they have the Cliffsnotes in that format. Also, the Objectivism Research CD-ROM has the full text of Atlas and almost all of Rand's other writings, with some bonus stuff by Peikoff tossed in.

Is there an online text of Atlas Shrugged???

could you handle reading a 1000 page book online? I dont think i could. My eyes would fall out of my head. Its much easier on the eyes to read a book in real life. Just buy the book. you can get it for like 2 bucks from a used book store. I havent seen one of those type of stores that doesnt have AS.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone here knows, and would be willing to tell me (a student becoming interested in objectivism), if there was anywhere to find these 2 books on the internet? Im very interested in reading them and learning more about this particular philosophy, and would greatly appreciate any help ;)

Im too poor to buy it myself, and my local library doesnt have a copy, im sure my university library does somewhere, but i cant go back there until near the end of september.

Im sure you'll all be eager to help 'spread the word' as it were, and i await your replies :)

thanks

Henry

whoops, sorry.  I didn't realize Anthem's copyright is already expired.

I should clarify. It is my understanding that Peikoff, as executor and heir to the estate of Ayn Rand, neglected to renew the United States copyright of Anthem. However, I believe that the copyright protection still applies elsewhere. So, I would imagine that those outside the United States could not lawfully read or download the Project Gutenberg online version of the book. But, I am not a lawyer and speak with no authority here.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows, and would be willing to tell me (a student becoming interested in objectivism), if there was anywhere to find these 2 books on the internet? Im very interested in reading them and learning more about this particular philosophy, and would greatly appreciate any help ;)

Im too poor to buy it myself, and my local library doesnt have a copy, im sure my university library does somewhere, but i cant go back there until near the end of september.

The copyrights for those books are still in effect, so they are not available for free online. However, you can purchase used copies for very low prices. Here is Atlas Shrugged for as little as $2.48,

http://www.biblio.com/details.php?dcx=2073160&src=aa

and The Fountainhead for as little as $1.00

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/abe/BookDetails?bi=308763524

Hey, Ursus. Is that who this I.Kant guy is? The wildly putrifying Comrade Red who is obsessed with Inspector and Capitalist Paradise? Beware gentlemen, if that is who he is, he is no friend at all to Objectivism.

How can one with the nick "I.Kant", although that can be read "I Can't"?

TB

Toolboxnj,

Well, when I first saw him here I thought it was a joke. Like my script says that I dated Hegel.

This guy is worse than just an admirer of Kant, he's probably never even read him. He tries to find free copies of Ayn Rand's books and then uses it as a model to write the opposite (which is why I say he probably hasn't read Kant because then he would know it has already been done) in an effort to smear her.

He seems to put a lot of effort into this thing. I'm not quite sure what his specific beef is other than he is a nihlist. Like that isn't enough!

Hey, Ursus. Is that who this I.Kant guy is? The wildly putrifying Comrade Red who is obsessed with Inspector and Capitalist Paradise? Beware gentlemen, if that is who he is, he is no friend at all to Objectivism.

He is exactly that wildly putrufying ComradeRed.