Objectivism Online Forum

Rand on Native Americans (Question at West Point)

Rate this topic

Zedic

It is amusing how one can be accused of lumping "them" together by one who is at the same time lumping "them" together. I might also suggest a more judicious use of the word "you" in polite company.

I don't know what you're talking about. Are you really going into a linguistic analysis of "them"? If you are ONLY saying "look guys, some tribes were horrible" okay, no problem. Clearly, it doesn't mean "therefore, all tribes were total primitives and just as bad".

Sure, but at least in that war the primitive side is also the aggressor. By all things equal, I was thinking about when we could call both sides aggressors.

So basically, support the preservation of the more advanced society, and the assimilation of the less advanced society, while condemning atrocities committed by both sides? I agree with that.

Well, in that case (and any others that are comparable) I think that we should support the Israelis. Not actually unconditionally, of course, but in every particular dispute that I can think of.

That is an acceptable position, as long as it's based on an analysis of the actual actions taken by both sides.

• 6 months later...