Objectivism Online Forum

Vicar went to hospital with potato stuck in bottom

Rate this topic

Capitalism Forever

A little humor break, which also illustrates the hypocrisy of the clergy:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...-in-bottom.html

A vicar attended hospital with a potato stuck up his bottom - and claimed it got there after he fell on to the vegetable while naked.

[...]

Speaking of the vicar, A & E nurse Trudi Watson, of Sheffield's Northern General Hospital, said: "He explained to me, quite sincerely, he had been hanging curtains naked in the kitchen when he fell backwards on to the kitchen table and on to a potato.["]

Edited by Capitalism Forever
Fixed link

"Speaking of the vicar, A & E nurse Trudi Watson, of Sheffield's Northern General Hospital, said: ......details of her "private" conversation with the patient follow...... "

I hate to steer away from the funny side of the story, but here I go:

Vicar went to hospital with potato stuck in bottom, and the nurses called the press. Which would be fine, it could happen in the US too.

In fact it did happen recently, when at a private hospital Britney Spears' medical records were viewed by people who weren't authorized to view them: people were fired and charges were brought against those who didn't respect her privacy. (people are facing time in jail)

In the UK's wonderful socialized healthcare system however, it appears that you should be prepared to be on live TV when you go to a doctor: nurses care more about getting their name into a newspaper by humiliating you than helping you. I love how the article ends, after one of their nurses went on the record in the story:

A hospital trust spokeswoman in Sheffield said: "Like all busy hospitals we do see some unusual accidents.

"But our staff deal with them in a discreet, professional and kind way."

Oh come on... who's never had a potato in their bottom before? :lol:

And who's never hung curtains without clothes on! ... I saw Britons do a lot of weird things while I was in England, but I never noticed naked vicars standing behind windows with curtains in their hands. Must have been because they keep falling on the kitchen table all the time!

I love how the article ends, after one of their nurses went on the record in the story:

Whatcha complainin'bout, they didn't post a video of the potato removal operation on YouTube, did they? And even if they had, I'm sure they would have blurred out the guy's face ... at least half of the time!

…and the potato was just lying there. His knees would have had to buckle and he sort of sat down right on top of this potato. If he had fallen, the fruit of the earth would have scooted away. He should be treated for weak knees really.

Mr. Ellison is right: behind the humor of this issue is the serious question of the professionalism of the nurses. I would encourage Vicar to press charges for violating their oath of and his right to privacy.

Perhaps medical records are public information in the UK since the taxpayers pay for healthcare?? Private system = private records, public system = public records?? :dough: