Objectivism Online Forum

Lee Sandstead's Art Attack

Rate this topic

West

Clips of Lee Sandstead's Art Attack are finally available; actual episodes begin airing November 30th on Sundays--check local listings for times:

http://www.travelchannel.com/Video_&_P...upId=2550966001

Note to Mods: I wanted to distinguish this post from the Dallas event post on Sandstead, but if you want to merge it with that one, feel free)

Clips of Lee Sandstead's Art Attack are finally available; actual episodes begin airing November 30th on Sundays--check local listings for times:

http://www.travelchannel.com/Video_&_P...upId=2550966001

Note to Mods: I wanted to distinguish this post from the Dallas event post on Sandstead, but if you want to merge it with that one, feel free)

Looks pretty fun from what I can tell. I really liked the content. I think the maniacally schizoid editing would eventually grate on anyone with an attention span longer than that of a gnat. I actually find the concept of an "art attack" kind of comical: "Johannes Vermeer is gonna reach through the screen and punch you in the skull with his subtle use of light and intense color!!!".

Fun times.

Looks pretty fun from what I can tell. I really liked the content. I think the maniacally schizoid editing would eventually grate on anyone with an attention span longer than that of a gnat. I actually find the concept of an "art attack" kind of comical: "Johannes Vermeer is gonna reach through the screen and punch you in the skull with his subtle use of light and intense color!!!".

Fun times.

Sandstead definitely capitalizes on all the possible puns--"I'm having an art attack!" or "I'm going to be the first international art-throb!" The idea is to get people pumped up about art. I'm definitely digging it.

Edited by West

Sandstead definitely capitalizes on all the possible puns--"I'm having an art attack!" or "I'm going to be the first international art-throb!" The idea is to get people pumped up about art. I'm definitely digging it.

Yeah, definitely going to Tivo it when it comes out on the 30th. I know a few objectivists who would go apoplectic about the approach to art, but being somewhat of a phillistine myself when it comes to fine art, I think I might actually get something out of it :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Stanstead has sent out an email, asking people who have seen his show and who like it, to write to newspapers or magazine about it. If you like the show, expressing your interest can get an art critic to take a closer look, and can result in publicity that gives it a higher chance of staying on.

• 4 weeks later...

If you enjoyed Lee's show as well as Santiago and I did, please go here and post that you would like to see a second season...

http://discussions.travelchannel.com/eve/f...rm/f/7981939159

Per Lee's note on Facebook, this would really help. :devil:

• 1 month later...

From the show's Facebook page... :P

Art Attack moves to final round of daytime Emmy nominations

Today at 3:37pm

Hey guys,

As always, thanks so much for supporting "Art Attack." I learned today that the show has made it to the final round of judging in the race for a daytime Emmy. I should know by June 1st if the show gets a nomination--or two!

Take care, and I'll be in touch!

Lee