Objectivism Online Forum

Come see the "Cocky Americans" in Dallas

Rate this topic

SherryTX

Hey all - a former coworker has a band, and is has a concert next Wednesday in Dallas.

I wanted to post it here - should you be in the area and looking for something fun to do.

The band is called "Cocky Americans". While my friend is not an Objectivist, Atlas Shrugged and Ayn Rand have inspired him, and he is very pro-Capitalist, and told me a lot of the songs he has written have been inspired by her writings. He is someone I consider Objectivist friendly, if you will. He has Objectivist friends, and is very respectful of the philosophy, and before I left that job, was able to have some great conversations with him.

But above all, what I have heard sounds good, so my husband and I are going. The band is opening up for Little Joy - a side project that the drummer from The Strokes has, so it is a big concert for my friend and his bandmates.

I promised to spread the word - so if you are interested you can order tickets here:

http://tickets.frontgatetickets.com/choose...4&eid=32094

It is an all ages show, by the way, so you don't have to be 21 to get in.

Just thought I would share.