Objectivism Online Forum

Hello And Greetings

Rate this topic

Hello all.

I don't know why I never noticed this site before. I'm a regular at CapMag's forum and I administrate here: http://s7.invisionfree.com/capitalistparadise/ You know, swatting trolls, correcting contradictions, and all that.

I'm an objectivist, of course. (Though looking around, I see that's not as much of an "of course" as one might think...) I've read and own just about everything that Ayn Rand wrote and I am an advocate of full Laissez-Faire Capitalism and unwavering reason. Of course, my ideas are my own, but I do not differ from Rand on any point that I can think of.

Is there anything special I should be aware of... rules or anything?

Welcome, Inspector.

You'll find the Objectivists here can be friendly and congenial and the discussion often takes a much more personal turn than you are likely to find on other Objectivist boards and lists.

So, sit down a while and tell us more about yourself. Where do you live? What do you do? What is special and interesting about you and what you want in life? What would you like to find here? What topics and discussions interest you most?

Okay. *cracks knuckles*

I learned Objectivism two years ago, but I had been exposed to it briefly in high school. However, I had long before that held many of the right ideas. Since I was a small child, I held deeply the conviction that *ideas matter.* I would get into very long and drawn out arguments with many teachers, students, and relatives because I simply would not sit down and accept a half-answer or a non-answer. I could never motivate myself to participate or learn something unless I could understand it on a fundamental, conceptual level, which is exactly the opposite of how most things were taught.

When I finally grasped Objectivism, it was a breath of fresh air like nothing else. I cleaned my intellectual closets out of all the contradictory ideas that I weakly held for lack of better substitutes. If I was good before, then this was a metamorphosis into something truly great. Every aspect of my life imporved from the added clarity. I felt like Neo at the end of the matrix when he began to "see" the code behind everything (shame those movies turned out to be crap).

Fast forward to now, where I work in a menial help desk position for a fortune 500 company to save money while I study for applying to law school in persuit of my ultimate career goal of becoming a judge. I live in the west suburbs of Chicago with my lovely wife, who is applying to medical school. My hobbies include bodybuilding, cars, and ceaseless rational discussion of ideas. My methods/venues are, respectively, Mike Mentzer's HIT, my '99 Firebird Formula, and Objectivist forums.

And I bloody hate environmentalists and "ethical" vegetarians.