Objectivism Online Forum

Google was 3 hours away from DOJ antitrust case

Rate this topic

brian0918

Google and Yahoo had planned an advertising agreement. Then the DOJ told Google they would file an antitrust charge against them. Three hours before the complaint would have been filed, Google called off the agreement.

There's a lot of discussion on the tech website Slashdot about this. It's sickening to read the anti-free market responses. (e.g. the thread here). I'd encourage people here to leave replies. You don't have to register - you can post anonymously.

Edited by brian0918

Google is owned by some big time left wingers who don't deserve to be protected, but I suppose we'll have to save their sorry asses too in pursuit of the freedom and justice that they would deny us.

Uhm, they DO deserve to be protected. This kind of emotional, vindictive talk is really disgusting.

As for Microsoft lobbying against it, that is a huge blot on their face and it's a damn shame...I heard about that months ago, and I was nothing short of sick to my stomach.

After being a target of Antitrust Laws themselves - they lobby for the use of force by the government against their competition?

Sickening.

Doesn't really surprise me. Most of the regulations we have today were pushed by the businesses themselves to stifle competition, including the creation of the FED.

Uhm, they DO deserve to be protected. This kind of emotional, vindictive talk is really disgusting.

As for Microsoft lobbying against it, that is a huge blot on their face and it's a damn shame...I heard about that months ago, and I was nothing short of sick to my stomach.

It's not "emotionally vindictive", it's justice. They don't deserve to be protected in justice. They are the ones who have worked with the Communist Chinese to report on subversives who dare to read unapproved websites. They support all of the worst anti-freedom statists, and Al Gore serves as one of their senior advisors. Google is not a force for good here. As I said, I don't want to, so I'm sad that I would save their sorry asses too.

Microsoft has acted against other companies in the same manner, so that is nothing new by them. They all apparently accept the premises of anti-trust.

Maybe Microsoft's just mad because they had so much anti-trust crap. It seemed to scar Gates in a way. It's not saying it's right, just wondering if the reason is that Microsoft is thinking something "You sued us, why not sue them!"

What goes around comes around?

Google and Yahoo had planned an advertising agreement. Then the DOJ told Google they would file an antitrust charge against them. Three hours before the complaint would have been filed, Google called off the agreement.

There's a lot of discussion on the tech website Slashdot about this. It's sickening to read the anti-free market responses. (e.g. the thread here). I'd encourage people here to leave replies. You don't have to register - you can post anonymously.

This is sick, disgusting, primitive cowardice at it's lowest, most despicable form. Whoever's alive who does this sort of sh*t needs to be hauled into a hearing, just like the innocent businessmen they've hauled into hearings time and time again. First it was the tabaco companies, then the oil companies, now the internet companies? Where does it end? Ben Bernake needs to be hauled into court, tried on violations of human rights, convicted, and sent to work in some prison labor camp. B*stard.