Objectivism Online Forum

Copenhagen Falsified By Experiment?

Rate this topic

http://www.analogsf.com/0409/altview2.shtml

Afshar Experiment

Is this guy correct that the experiment proves them wrong? (I don't know the QM field at all)

There is (rightfully) a great deal of controversy about this experiment. Note that the experiment has not yet even been published. It has been described in non-technical magazines and "analyzed" and publicized in a self-serving manner by supporters of a bizarre "theory" which claims to be the last remaining one to survive the experiment. There are simply too many suppositions and unaswered questions to make any rational judgment on the validity of the experiment at this time.

Wouldn't this result be consistent with TEW for essentially the same reasons that the author outlines for his own "backward-in-time-wave" interpretation?

I take great pains to distance the TEW from even the remotest of connections to Cramer's bizarre "theory" of Transactional Analysis. The only thing the two theories have in common is the use of the word "backward" and "wave." Other than that, they are as fundamentally different as two theories can be, and whatever "reasoning" Cramer provides to justify the experiment has little to do with the TEW.

And, as I mentioned in the previous post, the experiment itself is highly controversial at this point, and until it is published and thoroughly analyzed, with perhaps another experiment under some different conditions, I am not even wont to speculate about whether or not there is consistency between experiment and theory.

• 5 weeks later...
There is (rightfully) a great deal of controversy about this experiment. Note that the experiment has not yet even been published. It has been described in non-technical magazines and "analyzed" and publicized in a self-serving manner by supporters of a bizarre "theory" which claims to be the last remaining one to survive the experiment. There are simply too many suppositions and unaswered questions to make any rational judgment on the validity of the experiment at this time.

What is TEW?

The only place I could find anything about it is here

http://objectivescience.com/articles/ts_tew_still_fails.htm

Thank you.

James

What is TEW?

TEW refers to Lewis Little's Theory of Elementary Waves, a rather broad-ranging physics theory. You can read my non-technical articles on the theory at http://speicher.com/tew.html and more technical papers at http://www.yankee.us.com/TEW/

If you are interested in discussion about the theory, there is an appropriate forum for that referenced on both URLs.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that too.

Actually, that worked out perfectly since I figured that you would provide links that I didn't know about being the TEW newbie that I am. :lol:

p.s. I also see in your message text how you shorten the URL pointer reference to "here." That's neat, and simple. I might start doing that myself.

You can represent a hyperlink with any text that you want. I often embed hyperlinks in my messages as regular text. It takes a bit more work to type your posts but it's easier on the reader's eyes and your test isn't interrupted by a nasty, long URL.