Objectivism Online Forum

I'm exhausted mentally.

Rate this topic

I am completely mentally drained after today, I went to the university library and spent about six or seven hours today studying accounting. My mind is completely wiped out, I feel so lethargic and I want to study for my math final on Thursday. Doe anyone have any advice for me on this?

Spend like 3-4 doing something really fun/relaxing and forgot about the work for just that time. If I get really burned out, I try to take a little time out before I let it all build up and I end up taking more time out then I need. Relaxation should follow production.

My room-mate has three other people in the room so sleep isn't likely. Yeah, i guess I'll try to do something I like for a while, but still am worrying so much about these finals, because I'm not where I want to be in these classes. I think I've been managing myself pretty well in these classes, but I have gotten irrational a few times.

I just want this semester to be over so I can prepare for next semester.

but I have gotten irrational a few times.

I just want this semester to be over so I can prepare for next semester.

Amen. :)

I've got a final Thursday too. I just study till I find that I can't finish problems at my normal speed. Then I get something to eat, play some video games or talk to the girls down the hall. :D Just take your break and get back into it.

Just take your break and get back into it.

I agree. Take a break and then keep going. I've got finals all next week and I am studying my ass off. It's only a few more days, and then it'll be over! Think of how great it will be once the semester is over. Work towards ending it. Good luck! :)

People at my old college found all sorts of weird places to sleep.

Hah, I remember sleeping in various lounges all across campus. The chairs were usually pretty comfy and no one would bother you unless you started snoring really loud.

Definitely second the naps recommendation:

funny-pictures-naps-may-occur-suddenly-and-without-warning.jpg

Also, in this thread we discussed meditation, and I mentioned that my busiest semester happened to be my most successful grade-wise, and also around the time I began meditating. I had 18 credits' worth of courses including Calculus, Organic Chem, Advanced Spanish and Music Theory (probably the hardest of all for me), and I got As and Bs in all of them.

Of course I don't meditate as regularly nowadays, which is probably why I'm here BSing instead of being productive :pirate: