Objectivism Online Forum

Hi everybody!

Rate this topic

bbrown

Great site. I think I remember checking it out before it bloomed. Wish I had registered: I could have had a *really* low member number.

I'm a web developer in Phoenix, Arizona. I got a bachelor's in history from Arizona State University in 1999 and entered their graduate program in Western History the following semester. I have been progressing slowly but surely in that endeavor, though I haven't gone for two semesters now since I'm having two children in a matter of a month.

I had initially wanted to become a professor of history, but I've since re-aligned my goals so that a professorship is an incidental goal. There's just too much money and opportunity in Web pursuits. I still love history, of course, so I still want to get my PhD and teach at night. That way I can do what I love while still earning the money to keep my family fed (not that I don't love Web development, but I'm more of a writer than a coder).

I run the Bill Brown Information Center and several blogs on that site: bblog, Found on the Web, and PregoBlog. I'm gradually converting my fairly static Web site over to being a dynamic, data-driven one so that I can update any particle of content from any terminal in the world.

That's me in a nutshell, though I've got a bio page with more details if you're interested.