Objectivism Online Forum

What Is Your Occupation?

Rate this topic

BetTheFarm

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to be an architect. Rather, I'm going to be an architect.

Hah, that makes me laugh. After years of being asked, "what do you want to do when you grow up?" I got in the habit of saying "I want to be a novelist." Now I say "I'm going to be a novelist." Between those two words there really is an entire world of difference.

Student

I work at the supermarket in the summers and on weekends. Californian, prunes and raisins are my chore. Along with sugar, brown sugar, cast sugar, unrefined sugar, and all kinds of diffrent sugar's. Plus wheat, whole wheat, bread wheat, and Rye. Not to mention boiling chocolade, 70% chocolade, 56% chocolade, and orange chocolade. Then I perfect the extract stall, starting with vanilla, Cardamom, mint and ending with lemon.

I'm going to be a über novelist and write action thrillers that happen in totalitarian states, starting with Iceland. I'll marry rich for convience when I'm starting out.

I'm going to apply for George Mason and perhaps the University of Virginia.

Edited by BinniLee

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Career soldier. Senior NCO Armoured Recconnaissance, currently working in NDHQ (National Defence Headquarters) in an out of trade PONTI position.

PONTI = Person Of No Tactical Importance :D

Why are you "very curious"? How does your question fit into your value system? In other words, could you provide some context for your question? Or is your question "idle curiosity" -- that is, disintegrated questioning?

What do you mean by "objectivists"? I know what an Objectivist is. What is an "objectivist"?

Professional douchebag?

I am a full time student. Majoring in...something eventually. I also work part time at a property management company. I think my official title is "Office Bitch".

Hah, that makes me laugh. After years of being asked, "what do you want to do when you grow up?" I got in the habit of saying "I want to be a novelist." Now I say "I'm going to be a novelist." Between those two words there really is an entire world of difference.

LMAO, I just read back and realized I already posted in this thread. The job is still the same, but now I'm not going to be an architect. Thank God for that. Haha. I suppose the times they are a changin'.

Career soldier. Senior NCO Armoured Recconnaissance, currently working in NDHQ (National Defence Headquarters) in an out of trade PONTI position.

PONTI = Person Of No Tactical Importance :D

We call them Desk Jockeys or Paper Pushers here in the corporate world, but I've always liked the MILTACON's (MILitary TACtical CONnotations) myself. Welcome to the board. Here's to getting out into the field again!