Objectivism Online Forum

Israel Asks U.S to O.K. Strike on Iranian Nuclear Facilities

Rate this topic

Unfortunately of course Bush is having none of it. A very interesting article just popped up on AP.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

It sounds as though Bush outright rejected making a strike on Irans facilities and instead they're going to disrupt their electricity? I'm sure there's more to it than can be surmised from this report, but wow that's not very reassuring. Israel is understandably angered and frustrated as their heads are the first on the chopping block most likely.

Last month, Obama suggested that a combination of economic incentives and tighter sanctions might work. Tehran rejected the proposal. Obama also has said he would pursue tough-minded diplomacy.

Yes, that worked great for Iraq & Cuba :lol:

I bet the Iranians are quaking in their boots at the thought of economic sanctions. As weak as this plan would be if followed, its more than would actually happen since France and Germany would trade with them anyway.

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran! (sung to the tune of Barbara Ann)

Luckily I happen to have access to high speed and got to play that.

Ah the memories of the Carter years. :P

Of course we got the hostages back the very day Reagan was inaugurated (gee you think they might have been concerned about that?)... but thirty years later the Iranian theocracy is still there, Iran is not a parking lot and still does not glow in the dark. And now the theocrats threaten to make *us* glow in the dark.

There is a similar news story on Foxnews.com about how Bush is afraid that unilateral Israeli action will lead to instability in the region.

"The Bush administration was "particularly alarmed," the Times says, by the Israeli request for access to Iraqi airspace."

Oh, good God, let's not disturb the militant Muslims. Our enemies might get upset at us -- boo hoo....

I think it is disgusting.

It's almost no wonder the Gazan's attacked Israel thinking nothing would happen to them. The whole world practically is telling Israel to back off, but fortunately they are not, though I think they give them too many breaks in cease fires.

With an attitude like that from the United States, I wouldn't trust them to get the job done by sabotaging the facilities either. If the standard is don't upset the enemy, then what is the world coming to? :P