Objectivism Online Forum

the right to bear arms

Rate this topic

Objectivism is against guns. We think they should all be collected and destroyed (including the ones the military has), because they are are dangerous. The government should take care of all of us, by making sure all the criminals are given nice houses and jobs so that they don't have to break into our homes.

Once that happens, there would be peace on Earth, Jesus would come back, the terrorists would stop attacking and the Russians would disarm as well.

Peace out, maaan. :)

Or you can check out these topics:

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Ten: When does one rebel...

These are just the first ten topics. (for more, search the word "firearms")

Yeah, there are a bunch of threads on this already, but when Peikoff calls a machine gun a weapon of mass destruction, I guess you can figure out pretty quickly that all Objectivists don't agree on gun control issues. ;)

Yeah, there are a bunch of threads on this already, but when Peikoff calls a machine gun a weapon of mass destruction, I guess you can figure out pretty quickly that all Objectivists don't agree on gun control issues. :P

I knew that Peikoff was too good to be true! ;)

Yeah, there are a bunch of threads on this already, but when Peikoff calls a machine gun a weapon of mass destruction, I guess you can figure out pretty quickly that all Objectivists don't agree on gun control issues. :P

In the right hands... :)

Doesn't mean I shouldn't be allowed to own one though.

Yeah, there are a bunch of threads on this already, but when Peikoff calls a machine gun a weapon of mass destruction, I guess you can figure out pretty quickly that all Objectivists don't agree on gun control issues. :)

That's kind of ridiculous.

One can be a maker of guns as a business. Guns have hunting and recreational uses in addition to protection. Just like knives and sticks.

Certain people can be "weapons of mass destruction" too.