Objectivism Online Forum

White in the Face of Change

Rate this topic

All I could think is whoa! A blatantly racist on the frount page of Oregons largest newspaper. In large font of the newspapers headline reads " WHITE IN THE FACE OF CHANGE" The headline actually uses "white" as a derogatory term. Needless to say I'm currrently working on a letter to the editor.

As the nation's first African American president prepares to take office this week, metro Portland -- with its overwhelmingly white population and leadership -- is demographically out of step with 2009 America. Among the nation's 40 largest metro areas, only four -- none of them in the West -- are whiter than Portland, new census figures show (supporting graphic at the end of this post).

Portland's lack of diversity means it is less cosmopolitan, less dynamic and at risk of being less competitive than other metro areas, worries David Bragdon, president of the Metro regional government.

At one point a person is quoted as saying "I admitted that I looked around the room, longing for someone who looks like me, so I could relate to them". If your looking around the room to relate to people you look like then your just a flat-out racist. I could maybe understand that an article like this in the back columns under the Opinion section but this was on THE FRONT PAGE!!

Last time I checked people had to want to move to a place. Is the author suggesting a forced resettlement of Blacks just so that he can have his ethnocentric view of demographics satisfied?

<looks outside> This pasty faced white boy hereby volunteers to be relocated to Florida to offset the number of Hispanics and Blacks there. My only advice to my replacement is to leave the ray-ban's and speedo in Fl.

Three cheers for geographical affirmative action! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

What did I say about postmodernism (multiculturalism) being racist? This is what it is. And now, look, even after the election of Obama these people are ratcheting up their bigoted ideology all the more.

It's not that you are a racist, but who you are racist against that matters.

Yes, I know. This phenomenon is even worse in Europe, although America is catching up. Being an anti-Semite is becoming more celebrated by the left.

You should be careful about making such huge accusations and generalizations. A lot of people on the "the left" in America are actually Jewish.