Objectivism Online Forum

Make your bets: How long will the Obama administration last?

Rate this topic

How long will the Obama administration last?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you think the Obama administration is likely to last?

• Less than 2 years
    • Around 3 years
    • 4 years
    • More than 4 years but less than 8
    • 8 years
    • More than 8 years

I say four years. I think most Americans already realize how awful he is and will certainly feel the same in four years. (Just like Jimmy Carter.) Then they will proceed to vote in a Republican that's just as bad. Back and forth, back and forth, getting worse each time. (Isn't that already the pattern?)

Of course, if they succeed with controlling the Census Bureau then perhaps he can gerrymander his way into a second term. Or he could just go Chavez style with more corruption and voter fraud (see ACORN, which just got "stimulated"), eventually leading to a third term. :P

Not to be overly pedantic here, but AFAIK, gerrymandering can really only take place at the state level, and can only really affect the Legislature/Congress. As the electoral college is by state, it would seem the best he can do is possibly add a very few* undeserved seats to "blue" states. While this might come into play in a very tight election, I think the depth of the coming disaster we face will make a tight election highly unlikely. More probable that he gets ousted/re-elected by near-acclimation.

* I say "very few" due to the numbers of humanoids involved in defrauding the states out of rightful numbers. Conspiracies (not in the tin-foil hat sense) are successful in inverse proportion to the number of conspirators. States are often allocated funds by population, and the "losers" will raise a huge ruckus, and that will serve to expose any political "maneuvering" to cheat the states of their "rightful" allocation.

I guess I didn't word my question well. (Sorry, I'm at work and busy.) It's besides the point really anyway. The more blue there is, period, the better things will be for Obama and he'll be more likely to get his way. It seems totally realistic to me that between voter fraud and skewed census numbers (equals more blue areas) he could get just about whatever he wants in Chavez-esque style.

I thought he was going to be assassinated within the first week. Then again, I didn't think there was any chance of him getting elected. I saw all the animosity towards him in my hometown and thought there was more out there.

Now it seems more like everyone around here thinks america will see his flaws and not elect him next time. I've heard from more than a few people that if he tries too many more stunts, people will start to rebel. Or even if he gets reelected. Well, I'd be in the battlefield...

I thought he was going to be assassinated within the first week. Then again, I didn't think there was any chance of him getting elected. I saw all the animosity towards him in my hometown and thought there was more out there.

Now it seems more like everyone around here thinks america will see his flaws and not elect him next time. I've heard from more than a few people that if he tries too many more stunts, people will start to rebel. Or even if he gets reelected. Well, I'd be in the battlefield...

The market is giving proper feedback as usual. Whether it gets explained properly is another matter.

It won't be.

It's still the accepted wisdom that the oil prices broke because Greenspan pointed out that if they stayed high, demand would decline. I suspect anyone who trades oil for a living already understood this. Just a hunch.

Actually it was the day after Bush rescinded the executive order against offshore drilling, and that just might have had something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how close this brings us to Thomas Sowell's prediction?
He does more than predict a military coup, he said it was something he thought could "save" the country. On the face of it, that's pretty stupid of him. For some reason he must think that his gang will be the winners in that gun-fight.

He does more than predict a military coup, he said it was something he thought could "save" the country. On the face of it, that's pretty stupid of him. For some reason he must think that his gang will be the winners in that gun-fight.

I figured my only reply to this was going to start a larger discussion, so I made a another thread because this thread is musing about the future. Feel free to merge them if you think that's better. (or delete it because that's the usually course of action)