Objectivism Online Forum

Every Time You Eat a Fish...

Rate this topic

Inertiatic

(Don't know if this is in the right place, but....)

Link: PETA wants to rename fish "sea kittens"

Oddly, I think I'd find fish more appetizing if they WERE renamed. It's just too bad I can't stand the taste of sea kittens.

That cute little picture on the article I linked to looks pretty appetizing, though....

(Don't know if this is in the right place, but....)

Link: PETA wants to rename fish "sea kittens"

Oddly, I think I'd find fish more appetizing if they WERE renamed. It's just too bad I can't stand the taste of sea kittens.

That cute little picture on the article I linked to looks pretty appetizing, though....

Being a Pescetarian (for health/practicle reasons. Not ethical ones) I'd say the bastards can kiss my ass if they don't want me to eat sea kittens. Hell I might even eat them in the portal to Hell known as Red Lobster as a double whammy. To piss off both the bible thumpers and Peta freaks.

• 6 months later...

This has nothing to do with the topic, but although I like "People Eating Tasty Animals", a more philosophically correct name for the group is AUTOPSY - "Animals for the Unethical Treatment Of People" (just throw in the "sy" to make it work). I give credit to John Lewis on OSG several years ago for coming up with the catchy acronym for the part in quotes.

Mark Peters

I saw that campaign on PETA's website a long time ago. It disgusted me.

They can take their creed of anti(-human)-life and shove it up their ass. I once agreed to live with a vegan roommate under the requirement that I would not eat animal products in the apartment. I'm never doing that again.

Here's some food for thought. http://store.theworstpageintheuniverse.com...tml#EVERYANIMAL

Edited by Amaroq

I'm confusing doctors. Sorry. Should have checked first. <_<

I really meant Dr. Floyd Ferris, when he says:

You seem to have talked on the radio about nothing but sins of commission. But there are also the sins of omission to consider. To fail to save a Me is as immoral as to murder. The consequences are the sameā€”and since we must judge actions by their consequences, the moral responsibility is the same.

. . . For instance, in view of the desperate shortage of food, it has been suggested that it might become necessary to issue a directive ordering that every third one of all children under the age of ten and of all adults over the age of sixty be put to death, to secure the survival of the rest. You wouldn't want this to happen, would you?

PETA has killed animals.