Objectivism Online Forum

American kidnapped in Pakistan

Rate this topic

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/...akistan.kidnap/

Kidnappers threaten American abducted in Pakistan (AP)

I'll be watching to see how the new President handles this. After all, this is what his primary job is, to protect Americans from enemy attacks.

This is his first real test, to show whether he is capable to do his job at all. His statements and actions will give both us, and the enemy, a good idea of what to expect from the new White House.

Ahhh yeah, last year in Arizona, the state John McCain represents, there were 340 reported kidnappings. The second most in the world. I wouldn't be holding my breath for any type of help for the guy kidnapped in Pakistan when they can't do anything about the kidnappings in the good 'ol USA. Maybe we should be putting more effort into ending the War on Drugs :confused:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6848672&page=1

Ahhh yeah, last year in Arizona, the state John McCain represents, there were 340 reported kidnappings. The second most in the world. I wouldn't be holding my breath for any type of help for the guy kidnapped in Pakistan when they can't do anything about the kidnappings in the good 'ol USA.

That's a really good point actually.

Ahhh yeah, last year in Arizona, the state John McCain represents, there were 340 reported kidnappings. The second most in the world. I wouldn't be holding my breath for any type of help for the guy kidnapped in Pakistan when they can't do anything about the kidnappings in the good 'ol USA. Maybe we should be putting more effort into ending the War on Drugs :confused:

Seems like a State issue.

The article even mentioned that the ones held are often illegal aliens with ransoms required from families in Mexico.

What are individual rights for carrying weapons in Arizona?

As for Obama and the American kidnapped, thanks for the info Jake. Didn't hear about it as all I heard about was the airplane crash.

Ahhh yeah, last year in Arizona, the state John McCain represents, there were 340 reported kidnappings. The second most in the world. I wouldn't be holding my breath for any type of help for the guy kidnapped in Pakistan when they can't do anything about the kidnappings in the good 'ol USA. Maybe we should be putting more effort into ending the War on Drugs :pimp:

I disagree with you. Kidnappings in Arizona are handled by local authorities and the FBI. I'm not from Arizona, but unless you can tell what specifically is the local law-enforcement and the FBI doing wrong (and what suggestions you have to change their ways), I'll assume that they are doing their best to solve those cases.

Also, if you do wish to do that, you should open a new thread, since kidnappings in Arizona do not concern the new President, the way a terrorist act and a direct request addressed to the USA in exchange for the victim's life, do. Hence, they are off-topic in this thread.

P.S. Ending the war on drugs is a great suggestion, and it does involve the President, but still a little off topic. (I do believe the new administration has taken steps to allow states such as California to decide their own drug laws. It's very little, and he should be doing more-especially since he (Obama) seems to understand that more needs to be done- but it's something. I am hoping for decisive action on Obama's part on this issue)

Edited by Jake_Ellison