Objectivism Online Forum

Selected Replies from Deleted Thread on 9/11 Conspiracy

Rate this topic

Conspiracy theories are never right. They are an anti-ideological way of dealing with political issues. They are the sign of a small mind. Think about what this would entail. Our political leaders are such short range pragmatists that they can't even think ahead to the next election cycle yet they were able to carry out this mastermind plan of allowing 9/11 so as to be able to better fight the war on terrorism.

Please. If they were so astute to see the threat that we really face why would they have let it grow for so long? Why fight it in this way?

As I said. A small mind.

Once I spoke with a conspiracy theoriest. I picked apart many of his theories (which all amounted to an all powerful government controlling us all as if we were back in 1984) and in the end he merely rode on the back of infalliable faith and something to the effect of "we can never know."

The same happened with a couple more I've met throughout my life. I feel like I'm losing brain cells by wasting time with the like.

[edit] I just checked out that guys site, he is a lunatic.[

I find characters like the author on that web site to be somewhat entertaining. Radio talk show host Michael Medved has a "conspiracy day" set aside to correspond with the full Moon. It is truly amazing to hear the convoluted thoughts that go into justifying deeper and deeper levels of conspiracies. Makes you wonder how some of these guys survive the rest of the month. :rolleyes: