Objectivism Online Forum

What do you think of http://rebirthofreason.com/ website?

Rate this topic

SherryTX

Hey there - I have been doing some online research regarding parenting/Objectivistism, and came across http://rebirthofreason.com/.

It looked for familiar - I am not sure if I have been there in the past or not. I usually bookmark sites that I am interested in reading further, and I didn't have it in my bookmarks, so maybe not.

I was just curious what others thought about this site?

Thanks!

I remember posting there a while ago, back was when I was still a newbie in Objectivism. I regret it, now, because there is absolutely no quality control at all (I,e, no requirement to prove or disprove whether a specific opinion is compatible to Objectivism - all that "open system" stuff, etc), and I ended up confusing myself terribly, but perhaps that it is more my fault than theirs.

They allow anyone to post, but from what I remember, there were more TOC-style "Objectivists" and such than any other type. Try joining and see what it's like for yourself - just take everything with a heavy grain of salt (But then, you should probably do that with whatever you read here, too).

I found my way there before I came here and I didn't like it. It may have been as simple a superficial judgment as that too, (at the time) but I still think I made the correct decision.