Beat This!

Rate this topic

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reagan, I don't understand, but as for the rest, I can see where the younger generation may not get it. I'm 35 and I've never seen a Woody Allen movie. (But I was an adult when the stuff was going on w/ his adopted daughter in the news, so I got the joke.)

Reagan, I don't understand, but as for the rest, I can see where the younger generation may not get it. I'm 35 and I've never seen a Woody Allen movie. (But I was an adult when the stuff was going on w/ his adopted daughter in the news, so I got the joke.)

I can see missing Woody Allen, too. He's not been around much of late. He did the movie Ants, but in that one he was a voice in a cartoon.

My intention was to show who Woody Allen is, nothing more, btw.

One of his movies that I'd recommend is the movie Sleeper. Very funny!

Edited by Thales

One of his movies that I'd recommend is the movie Sleeper. Very funny!

A small bit of trivia (unrelated to the thread)...

The house used in Sleeper sits on top of a hill not far from Castle Rock, CO. I want to say it can be seen from I-70, but I'm not sure - I've only seen it once. It looks like a big, flat, white flying saucer.

Is this a running gag? First you didn't recognize Reagan, then you didn't recognize Woody Allen. Which universally known public figure is next?

No, it's not a running gag. I'll admit I shouldn't have been so quick to jump to the conclusion that the Reagan picture was random even though I have never seen him before, but in this case the I didn't know the person and nobody was responding anymore, so I asked for clarification.

Edited by Hazmatac

Fixed it. Get the point now?

You mean, can I read your response now? Yes, it's intelligible. Whether you have a point is debatable, since his last film "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" just earned Penelope Cruz an Oscar and he's been getting more press in the past two years then he has in the previous ten.

The house used in Sleeper sits on top of a hill not far from Castle Rock, CO. I want to say it can be seen from I-70, but I'm not sure - I've only seen it once. It looks like a big, flat, white flying saucer.

Ah, yes, the flying saucer house. I've seen it from I-70 several times...near Genesee, I think. :)

As crazy as the house looks, I've always wanted to see out of those windows. I would imagine a 360 degree view from up there of the Rocky Mountains is pretty darn nice.

EDIT: I couldn't find a picture, but here's this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sculptured_House

Edited by K-Mac

You mean, can I read your response now? Yes, it's intelligible. Whether you have a point is debatable, since his last film "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" just earned Penelope Cruz an Oscar and he's been getting more press in the past two years then he has in the previous ten.

Fair enough. I do believe he was higher profile in the past, perhaps because he was acting in block buster movies.

• 4 weeks later...