Objectivism Online Forum

Atlas Shrugged $4 at Barnes&Noble site

Rate this topic

Brule

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Atlas-Shr.../9780641976537/

Not sure if this is right place to put this, but wanted to share deal. Paperback edition of Atlas Shrugged for $4 from B&N website. It's the "top seller" in their bargain books area. Can buy for less if you have a discovercard through discover's website. If not can get another 4% off through fatwallet. ( http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-coupons/Barnes-Noble )

I'm not with amazon or anything, just wanted to pass on the deal.

*bump* This is just too good to pass up. It's ranked #127 on Barnes and Noble's site, and #1 in the bargain section.

If you're going to buy more than 3, you might as well buy 7 to get the free shipping. Otherwise shipping costs the same as 2 copies of the book.

Edited by brian0918

I'm glad someone else also got something out of this. I'll be playing the role of Johnny Appleseed (Atlaseed?) this year. At four bucks a pop all those people who constantly borrow one of my copies will now get their own... and leave mine alone. :P

Sale still active and in stock FYI...

• 3 weeks later...

Was anyone else who purchased these $4 copies of AS disappointed by Barnes & Noble's packing skills?

Of the 10 copies I ordered, 2 are slightly bent, 2 are seriously bent, and 1 has a torn back cover. They look like they were just thrown into a box with a few air-filled bags - the books were obviously not protected against moving around in the box.

Mine also arrived fine. I've never had a problem with Amazon's packing. Sorry to hear about your issue though, bad packing is way too common still in online transactions.
I'm not sure if you typed "Amazon" and meant "Barnes & Noble". I'm very pleased with Amazon's packing methods. They use the smallest box possible, shrink wrap multiple items together, and often use a cardboard backing for paperback books, making shipping damage very unlikely. This is the first and only thing I've ordered online from Barnes & Noble - the 10 books I ordered filled maybe 50% of the box volume.

I'm not sure if you typed "Amazon" and meant "Barnes & Noble". I'm very pleased with Amazon's packing methods. They use the smallest box possible, shrink wrap multiple items together, and often use a cardboard backing for paperback books, making shipping damage very unlikely. This is the first and only thing I've ordered online from Barnes & Noble - the 10 books I ordered filled maybe 50% of the box volume.

Yep, sorry for the mistype, I did mean Barnes & Noble. (Amazon's is very good too) B&N does have that habit of not packing things as tight, but I've yet to have anything arrive damaged.

• 2 weeks later...