Objectivism Online Forum

What do you see happening with the economy over the next two years?

Rate this topic

cliveandrews

The economy will begin recovering as soon as the level of statism stabilizes. As long as the government keeps introducing new statist measures, it will keep getting worse. So it all depends on when the "change" stops--but I would need to be able to read Obama's mind to make a prediction on that.

Hyperinflation is a definite possibility.

I think at the very least we will have higher inflation coupled with many new taxes which will across the board decrease our style of life. It's already happening in my state; new property taxes at the county and city levels, new income taxes for the "rich" (i.e. people making only $60K+ a year). Rising water and electric rates, etc. Wages are not keeping up with the new taxes and the eventual rise in consumer prices.

At the very worst, civil unrest.

When Congress goes on a killing spree and the Market doesn't tank right out and then the TasCheat in Chief announces yet a fourth plan to solve the "toxic assets" problem and the Market goes up 500 points, what I foresee for the hext 2 years is the Great Search for the Front of the Horse. This prediction brought to you by Trojan.

But then what do you expect of a business community that tolerates a credit-baseed, read debt-based. read going-in-the-hole based economy. You've got to say when government shoves the umbrella up big business' anatomy and then opens it, they get what they deserve. All I can think of is Masochistic Submissive.

Edited by Space Patroller