Objectivism Online Forum

My Pet Project

Rate this topic

Space Patroller

I've been up to something for the last half year.

When I contacted Kerry O'Quinn about a year ago. I found out he was up to something good. Kerry O'Quinn is an Objectivist and the founding editor of STARLOG and wrote the editorials under the title of "From the Bridge", which was the impetus for:

http://cockpit.spacepatrol.us/

what I found out he was up to was trying to produce a movie of ALTHEM, whether or not it will be a TV or theatrical, i don't know. This gave me an idea.

Those of you who bother to read me thoroughly know that I have two big things. Space Patrol and Objectivism. One is a beacon from my kind of untopian future and the other is the means to get there.

So, I've been trying to interest Mr. O'Quinn in doing new Space Patrol stories. I'm being very delicate with this. It's like trying to bring in a 50 lb Albacore on a 10 lb test line.

Why?

Aside from the fact that Both Mr. O'Quinn and I were fans of the early 50's "Spaceman" shows, these shows, and Space Patrol in particular, had two qualitites:

http://spacepatrol.us/firstpage.html

These shows had a very strong sense of life. That sense of life was the sense of life that would take one right to Objectivism.

But how come that is important?

A sense of life is an implicit mini-philosophy and gets its material into a person subconsciously. Once in place, it points to an explicit philosophy. The scientific utopia that these shows spoke from and Space Patrol in particular, is the natural result of the Objecitivist epistemology. The moral absolutism and heroic image of, particularly Buzz Corry, could have come right from Rand, and much of Rand's style and values point right to that civilization.

Now if anyone has the wherewithal to do the production. I would like to interest him or her in that project. I and others like me, have been able to affect things in the real world.

http://spacepatrol.us/sp1page.html

chronicles on such project

also see

http://spacepatrolbook.com

Here's a chance to not just talk the talk, but to walk the walk as well. This can do more to advance the speead of Obmectivism than a million copies of OPAR or anything we could do here because it shows the values that we hold as active, almost living, things, not just dry academics. We can only teach; this can inspire and it is a part of history so it has an existence of it's own.

Need proof of that? See for yourself

http://www.mediazilla.spacepatrol.us/kdettv.html

How do you think I got here?

Edited by Space Patroller

I think original Star Trek occupies the same artistic space, or competes with it. (The original). The next spiritual successor of that progression was Star Gate: SG-1.

I did watch only one episode one you tube, so I'll take your word on the sense of life. The one show I saw was one about an alien infiltrator that managed to look just like a human. That was a storyline that has been done the death in nearly every sci-fi series, so it made a good basis of comparison. I was impressed they managed any special effects at all. But overall it seemed pretty routine sci-fi, with the disadvantage of being dated. Sci-fi cannot tolerate looking dated. Point out one episode I could catch on Youtube that would best exemplify the Space Patrol series, in your opinion.

Is Space Patrol out of copyright yet? If it is, its a problem from the making money standpoint. If its not, its a problem from the making standpoint.

I think K-mac is being far too generous.

I'll ignore that ad homo..homie... Hamas...Arguent at the Person unless it's still here when I sober up.

Do you guys have any idea of how OLD booze jokes are? To paraphrase Jim Rome:

They are not a take, they are not fresh and they suck (Wel,l Kelly Clarkson would appreciate them)

But by the way yous're bird-doggin' me. yous're either contract killers, have Mark Chapman Syndrome or a wicked crush on me.

I'll ignore that ad homo..homie... Hamas...Arguent at the Person unless it's still here when I sober up.

My dear man, you've misunderstood me. It's not an ad hominem because I wasn't making an argument. It is simply a good old fashioned joke, at your expense.

My dear man, you've misunderstood me. It's not an ad hominem because I wasn't making an argument. It is simply a good old fashioned joke, at your expense.

I know that, that's why I said "...unless it's still there when I sober up" :)

Besides do you think "yous're" is my natural way of speechin...hic....speaker...hick...um....having words come outta my yap?