Objectivism Online Forum

Hello

Rate this topic

Hey

I'm a tenth grade student who discovered Objectivism through Atlas Shrugged, which is currently my favorite book. I read it over the summer, after a recommendation from my mom. It's her favorite book, too. I don't think I have stopped thinking about the book since. It's amazing how much Collectivism you see in the news and people's ideas (especially teachers). Anyway, I am about to start reading The Fountainhead and then as much Ayn Rand as possible. Objectivism makes so much sense.

Zak

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, collectivism is everywhere and that's why people like you are so important to the future of the world.

You have a wonderful journey of discovery ahead of you! I'm glad you've decided to share it with us and I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Yes, my mom is great. The parts of Atlas Shrugged that really grabbed me were when Fransico d'Anconia talked about sex and why he wasn't a playboy because I know so many people who have sex at my school and I always knew the act wasn't wrong, but they reason and way they were doing it was. I also enjoyed John Galt's speech, especially the reasons for rejecting God and why sacrifice is the absence of virtue.