Objectivism Online Forum

Financial Risk Czar in the works

Rate this topic

Things are in the works for there to be a new Financial Czar who will decide if major financial companies are taking too many risks. It was over-regulation that brought about the financial crises and now they want one person to decide for everyone in finance what risks they should and should not be taking. Blaming everything on greed and excessive risk taking, they now want absolute control over financial markets. Looks like capitalism is on its way out -- at least if this administration has its way. And after they get all these Czars and things still go bad, the next step will be to say that America needs a dictator for things to work smoothly.

Things are in the works for there to be a new Financial Czar who will decide if major financial companies are taking too many risks. It was over-regulation that brought about the financial crises and now they want one person to decide for everyone in finance what risks they should and should not be taking. Blaming everything on greed and excessive risk taking, they now want absolute control over financial markets. Looks like capitalism is on its way out -- at least if this administration has its way. And after they get all these Czars and things still go bad, the next step will be to say that America needs a dictator for things to work smoothly.

I wonder who'll get the job. I understand the top 2 candidates are Wesley Mouch and Chick Morrison. Cuffy Meigs was mentioned but was not available for comment. He was busy at, of all things, playing the xylophone.

This is by no means a support for government intrusion or a support for Czars coming to America--which Onkar Ghate wrote about--but so long as arbitrary laws, regarding just about every facet of life keep increasing, maybe Czars will help prevent some confusion and streamline the arbitrary. I think I'll go get some fresh air now. <_<

Edited by RussK

This is by no means a support for government intrusion or a support for Czars coming to America--which Onkar Ghate wrote about--but so long as arbitrary laws, regarding just about every facet of life keep increasing, maybe Czars will help prevent some confusion and streamline the arbitrary. I think I'll go get some fresh air now. :lol:

There may be more to what you say than you think. It appears that there are enough elements of repressive government in existence to constitue a threat of a tipping point. One of the things that prevents us from going into a totalitarian spiral is that they are dispersed. However that is small comfort. The same dispersal that prevents the thing from collapsing into totalitarianism also prevents these proto-totalitarian elements from being done away with. It may be necessary for one or a few persons to take over and obliterate these elements (EPA, ATF, the two DOE's and others). I don't see any other option nor will "letting sleeping dogs lie" do much good. For it's just a matter of time before one or a clique of bad guys get these elements under their control.

Now there's a strange thought, a liberating dictatorship (since it would have all the powers and forms of a dictatorship).