Objectivism Online Forum

The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals (reprise)

Rate this topic

aristotlejones

The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals is getting ready for a new online launch. If you are a business professional and a supporter of Ayn Rand's philosophy of Objectivism--then this is the place for you. The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals web site will have two main features:

1) Directory of Members with Exensive Profiles

2) Discussion Forum -- with a focus on both the application of philosophical principles in business and many day-to-day management discussions.

The goal is to function much like an "Objectivist Chamber of Commerce" with all the features and benefits of social networking organizations-- with the added benefit of shared values. Membership in the Association of Objectivist Business Professionals will be US$125 per year.

If you are interested in receiving more information as it becomes available, please use the sign-up form to get onto the mailing list.

http://www.aob.biz/

<Φ>aj

• 3 months later...
The Association of Objectivist Business Professionals is getting ready for a new online launch. If you

Since my original contact (January 2009) with the owner of the AOBP site, asking him to restart the database, the site was "launched".

Unfortunately, I can no longer endorse joining a site which has no actual means to contact the owner of the database because the contact page only produces a 404 message. Believe me, I have tried at least a half dozen times. I've even done a whois and tracked down the owner, and sent him several emails informing him of this problem, and have yet to receive any reply. Apparently he's a website developer. Subscribing to the mailing list has also never produced any mail. Since the owner is asking for $125 to join his database for objectivist business owners, I think that transparency would be a minimum prerequisite.

This is a shame. I wish there was someone who could both consistently live up to the objectivist virtues and who could also organize a network for objectivist business owners.

I mean John Galt did it, in an era without computers.

Stay Focused,

<Φ>aj

• 1 month later...
I am most pleased to report that the Association of Objectivist Business Professionals (AOBP) site is fully functional again and adding new features. The broken contact page has been repaired and the software has been upgraded.

For a more complete discussion of the issues pertaining to this site, go to:

http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showtopic=3937

Stay Focused,

<Φ>aj