Objectivism Online Forum

Capitalism Party /"neo-tech"

Rate this topic

Jerry Story

It's too bad it took  non-Objectivists to start the political party that SHOULD have been started by Objectivists.  The only proper thing to do now is to hijack the Capitalism Party by taking over its leadership, changing the mission and platform to reflect Objectivist philosophical principles and commence trying to make positive changes to the government at all levels.  It won't happen by continuing to support Democrats, Republicans and the others.  Where's John Galt?

ummm...I a curious about a few things. I have been a Neo-Tech reader for a few years now, and I had recently begun researching Objectivism and came across this site. Thus far I find Neo-Tech and Objectivism to be extremely similar. Could you please explain to me why you think Neo-Tech is "questionable" as I have read in this thread? And why you feel that its "too bad it took non-Objectivists to start the political party that SHOULD have been started by Objectivists" and that you should "hijack" this endeavor creating by a Neo-Technician?

Let me express to you that I am not trying to argue and start a flame war; I am simply confused. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

neowhere

ummm...I a curious about a few things.  I have been a Neo-Tech reader for a few years now, and I had recently begun researching Objectivism and came across this site.  Thus far I find Neo-Tech and Objectivism to be extremely similar.  Could you please explain to me why you think Neo-Tech is "questionable" as I have read in this thread?  And why you feel that its "too bad it took  non-Objectivists to start the political party that SHOULD have been started by Objectivists" and that you should "hijack" this endeavor creating by a Neo-Technician?

Let me express to you that I am not trying to argue and start a flame war; I am simply confused.  :)

Thanks,

neowhere

Neotech's take on objectivism is metaphysically flawed. This is obvious from their belief in extra terrestrials, "zonpower" and other arbitary...err...concepts as the basis of their philosophy.

neowhere,

Aspects of the Capitalism Party may or may not be compatible with Objectivism. Just like the Democratic, Republican, and Libertarian parties. I'm not familiar with Neo-Tech ideas so I can't compare them to what I know of Objectivism. My intent was not to criticize the Capitalism Party in any way.

The purpose of my post was more of a challenge to Objectivists who currently find themselves politically add odds with one another based on the manner in which they support different political parties. Were Objectivists to ever form a party based on the philosophic premises contained in Objectivism, the logical name for it would be The Capitalism Party.

If some other entity already possesses the legal right to use that name, then Objectivists would have to come up with another name for a party based on their political philosophy of Capitalism. I was merely observing that it's unfortunate they may not be able to use "Capitalism Party". The alternative to coming up with a different party name is joining the current Capitalism Party in sufficient numbers to effectively "take it over".

Clearly this is all rather moot. It is apparent that Objectivists will remain as politically divided as the rest of the country (not philosphically mind you, but worse - IN PRACTICE).

Neotech's take on objectivism is metaphysically flawed. This is obvious from their belief in extra terrestrials, "zonpower" and other arbitary...err...concepts as the basis of their philosophy.

ok, let me go thru your points one by one:

(1) Their beliefs in extra terrestrials??!! LOL! Are you sure ur not getting confused with the chinese fu long gong? Like I said, I have been reading Neo-Tech publications for a few years now, and thus far, I haven't heard of a belief in extra terrestrials in the "little green man" sense. I remember reading a section the book called, "The Neo-Tech Discovery" about people being idiots for believing in UFOs.

This is something I have found online, "The main reason for believing that no outside civilization has ever contacted earth is that no one has found any hard evidence that even suggests intelligent beings from outer space have ever contacted Earth. All claims of evidence to date have been spurious, false, or scientifically unsound. If intelligent beings from outer space ever had contacted Earth, the evidence would have been immediately and spectacularly conclusive. For example, consider the highly advanced artifacts that would be left behind by any mystic-free civilization capable of developing the energy and technology required to contact Earth. " The link is here: http://www.neo-tech.com/neotech/advantages/advantage31.html

(2) I'm not sure what you hold Zonpower to be but it is described as "the power to control (not create) existence. Zonpower is derived from applying the fully integrated honesty and wide-scope accountability of Neotech to all conscious actions. "

(3) concepts? I have even found on neo-tech.com, "Objectivism is the philosophy for the well-being of conscious beings -- the philosophy based on reason -- the new-world philosophy of limitless prosperity." As a Neo-Tech reader, I have found that Neo-Tech holds the concept of Objectivism very highly.

Now that I am getting into Objectivism I am finding that you Objectivists look down on Neo-Tech; something I have yet to uderstand because as of this moment I still don't see the difference. I look at this page, http://ObjectivismOnline.com/content/view/7/25/ on this site called "what is Objectivism" and I find it to be similiar (almost identical) to a description of Neo-Tech. So imagine my confusion when a Neo-Technician creates a political party that might actually be worth it, being that its based on the philosophy of Neo-Tech (which I thought was like Objectivism) and to find you guys saying it is beneath you. Tell me, do you have your own objectivist political party? And PLEASE don't tell me it is the LP. lol If not, why not welcome the Capitalist party into the world. As for hijacking it. Who knows, I wouldn't use that word but maybe Objectivists could run as Capitalist party candidates. We Neo-Technicians would welcome you.

Only time will tell with me getting my confusion cleared up. I finished college recently so now I have more time to read and I plan on reading up on Objectivism even further. But please, if anyone here has anything to add to this thread, please do so.

Thanks, :(

neowhere

If some other entity already possesses the legal right to use that name, then Objectivists would have to come up with another name for a party based on their political philosophy of Capitalism.  I was merely observing that it's unfortunate they may not be able to use "Capitalism Party".  The alternative to coming up with a different party name is joining the current Capitalism Party in sufficient numbers to effectively "take it over".

Clearly this is all rather moot.  It is apparent that Objectivists will remain as politically divided as the rest of the country (not philosphically mind you, but worse - IN PRACTICE).

ahh, now I c where you are going. It was more about the name of the party rather than the creator who started it. :(

As for Objectivists being divided, it is a shame. The people who wish to restore the US republic to its original state of laissez faire competitiveness seem to be divided more than ever. Some are becoming more religious, as in the Independents and Constitutionalist, some are becoming passive like the libertarians, and some like the republicans are becoming more and more left wing just to satisfy the masses. The end result and a country of liberal sheep.

What are you looking for in life that Neo-Tech aids you in achieving?

I think the question should be more of what I found in life that Neo-Tech aided in my achieving. Basically I didn't have the best of times growing up and I wanted something better in life so I started to become religious. Then I found Neo-Tech in my late teens and after reading its works, I amassed a new perspective on life, and realized it had so much more to offer if I approached its dealings in a different way. Now, in my mid twenties, I am successful in my career, in my love life, and I am genuinely happy.

I would suppose that many Objectivists have a similar story, right? I am going into Objectivism after having my perception of reality already been changed and expanded by Neo-Tech, so I wouldn't know from that point of view.

neowhere,

I'm surprised to find an actual NeoTech practitioner. I thought that NeoTech was all one big mass of linked webpages all written by just one guy sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement, pretending to be different people online, in between rounds of online poker. Maybe I'm wrong. Do you know if NeoTech writers are paid by the word? I notice a really low word to content ratio on those webistes.

If you are looking to study Objectivism, read Ayn Rand's books first, that's a much better resource than this board. I assure you Ayn Rand makes no mention of Zonpower or Neo-Cheaters in her novels.

I am going into Objectivism after having my perception of reality already been changed and expanded by Neo-Tech, so I wouldn't know from that point of view.

Surely you aren't proposing that you know everything there is to know about reality. Why not move on to that?

I have been a Neo-Tech reader for a few years now, and I had recently begun researching Objectivism and came across this site...

I'm not sure I can answer your question, but I have one for you.

I've read some of the Neo-Tech literature, and I actually thought it was quite interesting. My impression is that the Neo-Tech "movement" is basically a multi-level-marketing organization marketing Neo-Tech literature, as opposed to soap or vitamins or something. Does this sound correct ?

I'm not sure I can answer your question, but I have one for you.

I've read some of the Neo-Tech literature, and I actually thought it was quite interesting. My impression is that the Neo-Tech "movement" is basically a multi-level-marketing organization marketing Neo-Tech literature, as opposed to soap or vitamins or something.  Does this sound correct ?

a multi-level-marketing organization? Not in the least. You can only get Neo-Tech books from one company, "Neo-Tech Publishing co." (NTP)

There ARE a few resellers that buy Neo-Tech literature from NTP in bulk for a low price and resell their products for a profit, yes, the same as any product in a free market. But MLM?..no way.

neowhere,

I'm surprised to find an actual NeoTech practitioner. I thought that NeoTech was all one big mass of linked webpages all written by just one guy sitting in his underwear in his mom's basement, pretending to be different people online, in between rounds of online poker. Maybe I'm wrong. Do you know if NeoTech writers are paid by the word? I notice a really low word to content ratio on those webistes.

I have to agree with the construction of the main Neo-Tech website, it is getting worse and worse. Other people not affiliated with NT Publishing have better formatted websites then they do. I don't know what they are doing lately. Frankly, I view it as a disgrace to Neo-Tech itself, just for the fact that it creates reactions from people like the one you have.

As for how NT writers get paid, I would imagine it is based on how many books they sell. I have quite a few books...well made with high valued content.

not sure what you're trying to imply here, but dude, I'm not a physicist.

This is what I mean.

You have a choice-to either look at the bundles of philosophies out there and try use them to determine what reality is,

-or-

You can look at reality (the world, nature). What does it tell you? What can you do...not do? Then from what you learn-which philosophy most closely matches that?

For surely if you agree that there is no god, and that you desire to live in this world-then you should begin WITH this world as opposed to philosophies-Neo-Tech, Epicurianism, Objectivism, etc.

The alternative to coming up with a different party name is joining the current Capitalism Party in sufficient numbers to effectively "take it over".

In addition to the Capitalism party, I've found a website for a Capitalist Party in the U.K., and a meetup for a Capitalist Partiy on meetup.com.

The manifesto on the capitalism one looks mostly acceptable to me, but it does make some rather exaggerated claims like Chumley pointed out.

I would feel uncomfortable making public presentations with people who made claims like that, or who talked about biological immortality or some of the other NeoTech points.

But if these people have half the confidence, drive, and energy that they seem to from the writing, that should be extremely helpful in promoting Capitalism.

(BTW - if NeoTech provides some basic pro-reason, pro-individualism, pro-capitalism ideas, and leads people to check out Objectivism, I fail to see the harm in it.)