Objectivism Online Forum

We're done

Rate this topic

NotCrazyDan

enera

Nothing wrong with that, except if that sense of misery becomes a norm in one's life to the point where one is contemplating suicide every few days... which was the suggestion that started this sub-topic.

Despair is a more accurate word. It will never become a norm if you think and act on reason and your principles. Total irrationality can be shocking and disarming even to the most reasonable of Objectivists. Roarks and Galt's are a rarity.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing we have to bear i mind is that China is preparing to back their currency with gold. Do you know what that will do to the dollar as a "reserve" currency?

That will be interesting. I have a hunch (since they can, so why wouldn't they?) that our government has been quietly selling off our gold reserves, perhaps even to China, and that if China establishes gold-backed currency we will find our monetary situation to be a complete and utter loss. The only thing backing our currency now, the future productive capacity of our people, is being systematically gutted by Our Beloved Chairman Mau-Mau. We and our creditors will soon discover that we are bankrupt. The question is whether, as Rand described, the bankruptcy of the U.S. will spur a return to freedom and capitalism, or if it will mean a quick descent into lasting totalitarianism.

One thing we have to bear i mind is that China is preparing to back their currency with gold. Do you know what that will do to the dollar as a "reserve" currency?

Can you provide some proof for this?

It is the secular left that seeks to enslave us, not the Christian right.

Why do you assume any distinction here? They both want to control our thoughts and our actions, and for the same reason: To forcibly impose their illusions on the rest of humanity in the false belief that they can thereby escape the consequences of those illusions. The secular left demands we pretend that anti-man environmentalism and egalitarian economics make sense, while the religious right demands we abandon sense altogether in favor of mindless devotion to god and country.

I'm not saying that you should turn a blind eye to the news but like everyone has been saying you can't control what the politicians do in Washington. You can however control what you do in your own household.

Besides, even Great Britian had Maggie Thatcher after the massive socialization that country went through in the 50s and 60s. We can always fire the bozos in Washington.

Can you provide some proof for this?

I heard this on one or more of the talk shows, maybe Lou Dobbs (sp) and I think some gold bug show on WHJJ 920 AM Providence RI.

I'd like more on it but I figured I'd put it here as an FYI alert. It could be bogus, maybe others can verify or refute. It seems reasonable that in an environment of fairy dust money a person playing for all the marbles would know who does and who doesn't understand real value and to whom we owe our soul can call the shots and know just what shots to call.

Nothing wrong with that, except if that sense of misery becomes a norm in one's life to the point where one is contemplating suicide every few days... which was the suggestion that started this sub-topic.

Nope, I'm good in that regard - value my life too damn much for that. I tend to turn my anger outward, anyhow. It's other folks that should watch out.

To expand on the Yuan becoming gold backed, that is still something that is up in the air, as thus far, the most that has come out of it is musing by both China and Russia on the possibility of Gold (or some other non-greenback standard), as they watch the US debase the dollar (and thus diminish their investments).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8020721.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...hners-slip.html (Geithner ended up backpedaling on this one maybe...2 weeks after the publishing date).

To expand on the Yuan becoming gold backed, that is still something that is up in the air, as thus far, the most that has come out of it is musing by both China and Russia on the possibility of Gold (or some other non-greenback standard), as they watch the US debase the dollar (and thus diminish their investments).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8020721.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...hners-slip.html (Geithner ended up backpedaling on this one maybe...2 weeks after the publishing date).

Jut the idea that a nation would consider moving to a gold backing puts a creck in the Keynesian system since it represents a willingness to nuke the established order by a nation for its own interests and breaks with the silent Sanction of the Victim that keeps this whole charade going and is therefore in and of itself a threat to the scam since it shows that somebody has tumbled on to the real value of fairydust money. Even if it is not done this time around, it's a wake-up call.

That this nation is not the US, home of world capitalism and the nation that, at one time, could have done this, should scare the bejeezus out of the US and the G-Whatever. That it is a nation still giving alligence if not fact, to Cummunism gives credibility to my contention that there is in progress the biggest stealth switcheroo in history.

Edited by Space Patroller