Objectivism Online Forum

Obamedicine

Rate this topic

The news media has made it clear that Obamedicine will "compete" with private medicine. Yet these gurus and guardians of the public intellect, who can read the minds of George Bush and other Repulbicans down to the nanobit seem almost pointedly unaware of certain things that would affect that "competition".

The two banking crises of the last 30 years were caused by government. The first being the Savings and Loans and this last, which was caused by the Community Reinvestment Act. As part of the whole fiasco when the dominoes fell and knocked over AIG and GM. The government said they were "too big to allow to fail" and put is 2+ trillion dollars in the hole: for starters with the Federal Reserve throwing in another trillion unbeknownst to anyone but the sharp of eye and ear. Just watch reality's push-back for THAT. Does "rollerball" do it for you? I Caan hardley wait.

The scenario is this. Obamedicine will drive the price of health care up further and will begin to fail. Will the government say that this white elephant is "too vital to fail" and print billions to throw into it? and what will that do to private insurance that has to earn it's bucks and to medical care in general. It's 1979 deja vu all over again.

How come the media hasn't given this the ssame electron microscopic scrutiny that they give anythinag Republican that is the slightest bit fiscally responsible, which they parse out to Doubleprecision and usually lie about anyway, having cufustigated the issue beyond recognition? The silence is so deafening that one would think them in the tank on this.

The news media has made it clear that Obamedicine will "compete" with private medicine. Yet these gurus and guardians of the public intellect, who can read the minds of George Bush and other Repulbicans down to the nanobit seem almost pointedly unaware of certain things that would affect that "competition".

The two banking crises of the last 30 years were caused by government. The first being the Savings and Loans and this last, which was caused by the Community Reinvestment Act. As part of the whole fiasco when the dominoes fell and knocked over AIG and GM. The government said they were "too big to allow to fail" and put is 2+ trillion dollars in the hole: for starters with the Federal Reserve throwing in another trillion unbeknownst to anyone but the sharp of eye and ear. Just watch reality's push-back for THAT. Does "rollerball" do it for you? I Caan hardley wait.

The scenario is this. Obamedicine will drive the price of health care up further and will begin to fail. Will the government say that this white elephant is "too vital to fail" and print billions to throw into it? and what will that do to private insurance that has to earn it's bucks and to medical care in general. It's 1979 deja vu all over again.

How come the media hasn't given this the ssame electron microscopic scrutiny that they give anythinag Republican that is the slightest bit fiscally responsible, which they parse out to Doubleprecision and usually lie about anyway, having cufustigated the issue beyond recognition? The silence is so deafening that one would think them in the tank on this.

They're altruists. Remember, altruism is continually influencing their decision making. They want to be "good", not practical.

They're altruists. Remember, altruism is continually influencing their decision making. They want to be "good", not practical.

True, but there are two sides to the coin of altruism, sacrifice. A quote I saw in an article in National Review from 1868 or 9 by Dr. Thomas Szas entitled "Psychiatry: Twin To Witchcraft". "....When you speak of sacrifice, you speak of masters and slaves, and there is no doubt who intends to be the master..."

Please note that Obama's teleprompter told him to say that there were countries that had successful single-payer systems. When Gibbs was asked to name one, he came up dry.

This leads to a question that when I ask liberals, I cann't get an answer and in many cases a concession that they cannot answer. The question is this "If monopolies are evel why are all the systems you support based on or inclusive of, government monopolies, especially given the track record of governments and their propensities to become oppressive?"

Not all of the media thinks Obamedicine is good. There are a lot of conservative commentators that speak out against this plan everyday.

And the vast majority do not hear or see them. I know people who, when, for instance, FOX News is mentioned, react like a vampire to garlic and discount anything sourced to them.

And the vast majority do not hear or see them. I know people who, when, for instance, FOX News is mentioned, react like a vampire to garlic and discount anything sourced to them.

It is becoming harder and harder not to. Fox News is not a good source of news or political analysis.

The media are not in the tank on this healthcare takeover, they're out front leading the charge in support of it.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/abc-news-he...draws-fire.html

Edited by gags

It is becoming harder and harder not to. Fox News is not a good source of news or political analysis.

Fox News is a far better source than any other news channel. Plus it has more viewers than all the others combined. At least those watching are getting a daily dose of reason.

A national health service saved my son's life, so I don't know what to think about this issue.

Before National health care there was several groups that you could join that had their own doctors and pooled money for issues like this. That's how a lot of clubs like the Elks, Moose, and Knights of Columbus got their start.

Edited by Rearden_Steel

Like any news outlet, you have to watch them with some degree of skepticism. One thing about Fox, they cover certain stories that would never see the light of day on the All Barack Channel (ABC) or any of the other major TV networks. I appreciate that.

I don't watch television much but I had to stop going to the Fox news website on a regular basis because of their stupid coverage of abortion / gay marriage issues (extremely tilted and biased).

I found setting keywords on the google news page to things I am interested in... like "global warming" or "health care", etc, I get the best results. The news sources are pulled from all over, including mainstream sites.

Like any news outlet, you have to watch them with some degree of skepticism. One thing about Fox, they cover certain stories that would never see the light of day on the All Barack Channel (ABC) or any of the other major TV networks. I appreciate that.

The media are not in the tank on this healthcare takeover, they're out front leading the charge in support of it.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/06/abc-news-he...draws-fire.html

BINGO!!!

They were pushing c®ap and trade some year and a half ago, targetting 2009 for the do year

I kept telling people the media don't take their orders from Moscow. Moscow takes their orders from them or as I put it "You must spill oceasn of ink before you spill rivers of blood". To see how long Bush was working the media for the Iraq war. This

http://cockpit.spacepatrol.us/iraqnophobia.html

Was up on my website by November of '02 and the story was getting old then

Edited by Space Patroller

Well ABC just finished it's credulous pitch of Obama's health care plan. It was positively ghoulish in a way I hadn't expected. They dedicated substantial time to rationalizing how the government would make decisions concerning "end of life care". i.e. how some demogogue will make decisions that affect how worthwhile someone's living would be.

He began by being asked if he'd sacrifice his own families health care for "the greater good" (submitting them to the public plan), and then segued into talking about how his grandmother didn't get a hip replacement because she was going to die anyways. After that they suddenly started presenting the current American health care situation as though we get too much(?!), but that it is mostly wasteful and pointless tests. He then proceeded to explaining how magical philosopher-king medical experts who are really smart can decide what is efficient and necessary and what is wasteful and unneeded. This way we are freed from the "vicious cycle of tests" you see and ensures "quality of outcome rather than [amount] of procedures done".

One woman asked him to further explain how such decisions should be made. After some standard vague blather and deflection he explained that "maybe you're better off not having the surgery and taking the pain killer". You get the idea that they know exactly what they are doing, and what outcomes socialized health care has. It was like they were softening everyone up to the idea that when people get old, sometimes it just aint worth keeping them alive so deal with it. I would honestly not have been shocked to see him shuffle across the room to pull the plug on someone while he was speaking. Addressing the issues of cost he rehashed the idea that costs will rise anyway so doing anything at all must of course lead to cheaper care.

I also have to wonder if this is an intentional move to soften people up to the idea of having private news reporting hand-in-hand with the White House. Yuck what an unsettling hour of television.

A good, short video about state run health care. I posted it to my FB page so as to reach a larger, mostly non-O'ist audience.

Hey, that's pretty good and/or funny as well. I think it makes an excellent point about added cost as a result of state-by-state restrictions on what type of insurance policies can be offered.