Objectivism Online Forum

Wrath's Wikipedia Link Challenge

Rate this topic

The Wrath

I got bored, so I devised a new game. Here are the rules: Start with any article on Wikipedia and, using only links available on that article, try to navigate to another pre-chosen article, in as few steps as possible.

For example, I'm starting with "Venezuela" and trying to get to "Indiana Jones." Here are the steps I went through to get there:

Venezuela --> Hugo Chavez --> Time 100 --> George Clooney --> Ocean's Eleven --> Brad Pitt --> The Devil's Own --> Harrison Ford --> Indiana Jones

That's 8 steps. Whoever can get it in 7 or less steps gets to make the next challenge.

Edited by The Wrath

This is not a new game. It has a name, although I don't recall it now, but I played it with friends as long as 5 years ago. Here's a version here, although not by the name I remember: http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/

However, to play the game properly, you should pick two random pages. You can get these by going to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

Edited by brian0918

I think it was Dr. Peikoff who mentioned a game where one would name two philosophical ideas that are seemingly unrelated and the other person has to connect the dots. The underlying premise is that philosophy is an integrated whole; therefore, a route can always be found.

I think it was Dr. Peikoff who mentioned a game where one would name two philosophical ideas that are seemingly unrelated and the other person has to connect the dots. The underlying premise is that philosophy is an integrated whole; therefore, a route can always be found.

It's called "Concepts in a Hat" and the idea is to place pieces of paper with key Objectivist terms on them and then see if you can find a legitimate relationship between any two concepts pulled out of the hat. You might have to go up or down the hierarchy from one to the other. I used to play that at Objectivist parties. Of course, these are conceptual links, not hyper links :D