Objectivism Online Forum

I'm Feeling Randy... Ayn Randy That Is

Rate this topic

Making myself known, what a dangerous feat!

Given the intellectual nature of this forum, I suppose I'll start with my academic pursuits.

Suffice it to say, I have had the enormous pleasure and loathsome habit of studying Anthropology and Archaeology at one of our nation's highly bureaucratic University's. I've taken a minor in religious studies, and have gone so far as to dabble in the arts of philosophy, history, and a plethora of other financially worthless avenues of inquiry. Truly, I couldn't be the happier for it.

I am a consummate gardener and collector of antiquated literature. I read voraciously, but seem to learn very little for all my efforts.

I'm perplexed by language, cosmology, and human cultures.

I abhor television; pop-culture, and by extension any person(s) attempting to incorporate or indoctrinate me into said malaise.

People fascinate me, and I enjoy the company of most anyone. But I quote a terrifically brilliant woman when I say, "Bore me and I shall have my revenge."

Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read this little blurb, and I hope our exchanges (should they take place) are mutually rewarding, humorous, and continuous.

Tickled Pink

Edited by TickledPink

Oi vey. I suppose your politeness begs my cooperation. I studied at a tiny little Uni in the heart of Jacksonville, Fl. UNF, or the University of North Florida.

If the University of North Florida is in Tampa (which I think it is) and you still live in the area, off and on they have an Objectivist Student Club.

On a related topic, in another thread you said you thought language and socializing were built into the human structure -- or at least their potential. But while it is true that those potentials exist in every healthy man, he is quite capable of living on his own without society (though he'd probably need a language of some sort for conceptualization).

So, enjoy your socializing and intellectual discussions here :)

University of South Florida (USF) is in Tampa.

Yes, you are correct...a long time friend of mine went to USF and had an Objectivist Club there and looked me up when he moved to Dallas.

Don't know much about UNF, so I guess you'll have to ask around :)

UNF is in Jacksonville. Unfortunately, we do not have an objectivist group of any flavor. I suspect that such discussion gives way to a healthy dose of fundamentalist Christianity. But hey, living in the trenches (the south) can be a lot of fun.